Page 477 of 621 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 477

canio6 Guest
    Wow, yeah, that would be the suck. If you need help hiding the bodies let me know.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    naiada...now may not be a good time to ask, so feel free to wait until you're in a better mood...

I remember reading back in your journal (I think) that you did belly dancing? Did I just dream that? Anyways...I was thinking about getting a sensual belly dance dvd I saw on Amazon by someone called Bianca & was wondering if you knew anything about it or her. Or might suggest a good beginner's dvd? I'm wanting a different form of exercise that will be fun & improve my "suppleness" & help being more graceful & fluid...make sense? I thought BD'ing might be kind of fun & it would be just for me...I'd be totally embarrassed to do it in front of anyone...including the hubby!!

Soooo...if you have some suggestions I'd appreciate it. thanks and I hope you get your computer issues resolved. That is so frustrating!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I so am understanding your computer woes. I used to do translating for a company (silicon) from German to English. I always forgot to save and always lost a ton of stuff -- literally staying up way too many nights to retranslate. I did learn to save -- now at least, it's automatic -- but it was infuriating -- especially with lots of numbers and tables and such. The only thing to really kill is the computer, but that has rather unhappy results as well, I imagine. Luckily, my husband is a computer wizard and could sometimes find my stuff -- but sometimes not. Murphy's Law. He could find things when it wasn't an emergency translation, but if an emergency was going on and I needed to be super translator woman, he couldn't. Got easier as the years progressed and computers progressed:-)

Hope you can help primalcajun on belly dancing stuff. Sounds like fun.

Chopping wood and cleaning the whole frigging house in an hour are great when in the killer mood, but hard when you're in an office that's too small with no good horizontal surfaces and an evil computer program.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    naiada...now may not be a good time to ask, so feel free to wait until you're in a better mood...

I remember reading back in your journal (I think) that you did belly dancing? Did I just dream that? Anyways...I was thinking about getting a sensual belly dance dvd I saw on Amazon by someone called Bianca & was wondering if you knew anything about it or her. Or might suggest a good beginner's dvd? I'm wanting a different form of exercise that will be fun & improve my "suppleness" & help being more graceful & fluid...make sense? I thought BD'ing might be kind of fun & it would be just for me...I'd be totally embarrassed to do it in front of anyone...including the hubby!!

Anyways...if you have some suggestions I'd appreciate it. thanks and I hope you get your computer issues resolved. That is so frustrating!
    Honestly, I've never done it from a video. I went to a quick course in college (half semester, $30) and joined a tribal dance group out here before realizing that I prefer cabaret to tribal style. Since then, I've used what I learned and youtube to teach myself more movements.
    There are a few names I've heard as being goddesses of the belly dance world: Suraya, Irina Akulenko, and a couple others. I'd say get in on a beginner's level class, if you can. The isolation of the muscles like belly dance does can really screw you up if you do them wrong, kinda like yoga. Once your muscles are used to working together but separate, you're less likely to injure yourself trying to get that camel shimmy right (speaking from experience there.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Wow! I so am understanding your computer woes. I used to do translating for a company (silicon) from German to English. I always forgot to save and always lost a ton of stuff -- literally staying up way too many nights to retranslate. I did learn to save -- now at least, it's automatic -- but it was infuriating -- especially with lots of numbers and tables and such. The only thing to really kill is the computer, but that has rather unhappy results as well, I imagine. Luckily, my husband is a computer wizard and could sometimes find my stuff -- but sometimes not. Murphy's Law. He could find things when it wasn't an emergency translation, but if an emergency was going on and I needed to be super translator woman, he couldn't. Got easier as the years progressed and computers progressed:-)

Hope you can help primalcajun on belly dancing stuff. Sounds like fun.

Chopping wood and cleaning the whole frigging house in an hour are great when in the killer mood, but hard when you're in an office that's too small with no good horizontal surfaces and an evil computer program.
    I made it my bitxh, temporarily, and got it done. It's really not a CAD issue, it's a known issue of this particular model of Dells, and IT won't admit.
    Thankfully, I rarely lose more than 15 min of work because CAD autosaves to a permanent temp file, and in case of lockdown, directs you to the save file. (THere actually is logic to that madness, trust me.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    thanks naiad...lordy I don't want to do it wrong & screw myself up more than I already am!! I live in a small podunk town, so no belly dancing classes around here!!! Will check out some other things, having bad knees really sucks.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry about the computer issues. Hope it all worked out.

Yay for Ren Faire! I have a lovely wench costume. Unfortunately, the Bodice is probably too big now.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I know you offered your Texan Red and New Mexican Green chili recipes to me on one of these threads. I would love them. I love to tell people real chili -- originating in Texas, of course -- doesn't have beans in it:-)

Hope you managed today without killing anyone:-)

Texas Red
    (Bear in mind this makes a spicy chili. To tone it down, remove the habaneros and seed the peppers. To amp it up, add more serranos and habaneros.)
    6 oz bacon, chopped
    1 lb beef roast, 1/2" chop
    1 lb buffalo (sub beef if necessary), 1/2" chop
    1 lb goat/ lamb/ venison or other game meat (sub beef if necessary), 1/2" chop
    1 poblano, roasted, skinned, diced, and seeds removed
    5 jalapenos, roasted, skinned, and diced
    3 serranos, roasted, skinned, and diced
    2 habaneros, roasted, skinned, diced, and seeds removed
    1 yellow onion, diced
    1 head garlic, diced
    2 lb tomatos, chopped
    1 can ro-tel (optional)
    1 c chili powder (I have a local blend I use, but Bolner's is pretty good.)
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp cumin
    1 tsp red pepper powder
    1 tbsp oregano
    1 tbsp pepper
    1 bottle beer (Negro Modelo, Miller High Life, Shiner Bock all work well) or equivalent of beef broth

Render grease from the bacon. Once bacon is crispy, add onion and garlic, saute until fragrant. Add peppers, saute 2 or 3 minutes. Add all spices except salt, saute until very fragrant (at this point, you may need a bit more grease.) Add meat, saute until browned. Add tomatoes and ro-tel, saute until tomatoes begin to liquify. Add beer or broth, bring to a boil. Once it's come to a boil, dump it all in a (minimum) 6 qt crock pot, and cook on low for 9 hrs. Crack the lid to allow steam to escape, add salt, adjust seasonings and cook on low until either you can't stand it or it's cooked down to your desired consistency (about 3 hrs for us.) Adjust seasonings and serve.
    Makes 3-4 qts.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 03-14-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My New Mexico Green is NOT a traditional version. It's a spin off of a tomatillo stew that evetually became a chili.
    New Mexico Green
    2 lb tomatillos, husked and chopped
    1 poblano, roasted, skinned, diced, and seeds removed
    5 jalapenos, roasted, skinned, and diced
    3 serranos, roasted, skinned, and diced
    1 yellow onion, diced
    1 head garlic, diced
    4-6 hatch chilis, roasted and skinned
    6 oz bacon, chopped
    2-3 lb lamb or pork, chopped 1/2"
    2 c broth or 1 bottle pale ale
    1 tbsp oregano
    1 tbsp cumin
    salt and pepper to taste

Render fat from the bacon. Once bacon is crispy, add onion and garlic. Saute until fragrant. Add peppers, oregano, and cumin, saute until REALLY fragrant. Add meat, cook until meat is browned. Add tomatillos, cook until they start to liquify. Add broth or pale ale, bring to a boil. Dump in crock pot or dutch oven (350*) and cook on high for 3 hrs, or until tomatillos have liquified and the tastes have melded. Adjust seasoning and serve.
    My Primal Battle Tome