Page 475 of 621 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525575 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 475

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My doctor is hereby fired. I love her, but her staff is worse than useless. I've been waiting 2 farking weeks for them to refill my BC scrip. This is the 3rd time I've gone through this rigmarole; we've had this go around with both of my daily meds. Now to find someone else.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My doctor is hereby fired. I love her, but her staff is worse than useless. I've been waiting 2 farking weeks for them to refill my BC scrip. This is the 3rd time I've gone through this rigmarole; we've had this go around with both of my daily meds. Now to find someone else.
    Bleh. That is the suck. I wish you much luck. I hope you let the doctor know why she lost you as a patient.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

For those of you who know me on FB, you know that Friday NerdOut Night has become Science! With Food! night. 90% of the time, what we make is Primal.
    The premise is akin to Iron Chef: We find an ingredient that either A) neither of us has ever worked with before and try to figure out what the hell to do with it, or B ) we can repurpose into something it was never meant to be. We've done Greco-Latin fusion stuffed peppers, chocolate pasta (not primal, but completely handmade) with lemon-orange hollandaise and apple cicken with asparagus, chipotle chicken poppers, and a handful of other things.
    This week, the ingredient is beets. We're attempting beet raviolis (thin slices of beet, stuffed with something (likely herbed goat cheese), glued together with egg, and baked until tender, topped with a sauce, and served with lamb.) If it works, I'll post a recipe.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Sweet! Take pictures?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Sweet! Take pictures?
    They'll be up on FB tonight, and probably MDA sometime after midnight.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Science! With Food! was beet "ravioli" stuffed with ricotta and shredded seasoned chix and topped with a tomato alfredo sauce, served with baconated beet greens.
    No pics, because I couldn't get them before we devoured it.
    Recipes:
    Beet Ravioli (serves 4-6)
    2 large beets, sliced 1/16" thick
    8 oz ricotta
    1 egg
    4 chix thighs, sauteed in herbs de provence and garlic, shredded
    1 tbsp Italian herbs
    Mix egg, ricotta, herbs, and shredded chicken well. Spoon a little bit (1 tsp- 1 tbsp) on top of a beet slice, then mash an approximately similar sized sliced atop it. That's 1 ravioli. (don't bother trying egg for glue, it didn't work.) Bake 10 ravioli per person at 350*F for 5-6 minutes, until beet slices start softening and curling up. remove promptly, sauce, and devour.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I now have added impetus to get my ass in gear: we're going to the ren faire Memorial Day weekend, meaning it'll be hot as sin, meaning it'll be another homemade belly dancer costume. If I can REALLY get my ass in gear, it'll be a ringmail bra, ringmail belt, ringmail hairpiece (maybe), and either fisherman pants or a sarong. This costume involves me remembering how to do ringmail, which may (ok, will) give me lots of cool battle scars from fighting with the rings.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've done some work with ringmail before and its beautiful but yes you will have lots of battle scars and very sore fingers from using the pliers to open up all the rings. Definitely get started now so you aren't freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I've done some work with ringmail before and its beautiful but yes you will have lots of battle scars and very sore fingers from using the pliers to open up all the rings. Definitely get started now so you aren't freaking out.
    That's the idea. I'm planning on ordering the rings today.
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Went to the new/ old doc this morning. She's the one I had prior to going over to my thyroid doc. I can honestly say I'm not going back to my thyroid doc. This one's changed her tune on thyroid stuff. Every blood draw, she tests TSH+ T3 + T4 + any other requests, and regardless of what the bloodwork says, she'll work with me on getting my dose where I feel right, as opposed to just getting the numbers right. She also knows that people feel best at around 1.0 TSH, or a bit higher, which is more than I got out of the thyroid doc. While she does throw pills at it, I think that's more conditioning form everyone else asking if there's a pill for that. I told her I'm trying to do everything by diet and exercise as much as possible, and she looked kinda surprised and went "good for you! We'll see how it goes."
    I did take her up on an allergy shot (curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back) and let them draw my blood without wigging, fainting, or hyperventilating, which is something of a first.
    My Primal Battle Tome