Page 472 of 621 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 472

canio6 Guest
    I think y'all are taking this a little too seriously. Attraction is a natural thing. Flirting is fun. Feeling desirable is fun. That is all it is fun. My wife couldn't give two shits if I flirt or find another woman attractive because our relationship is strong enough that she knows I would not act on it. P, you have been married 21 years. If you were going to screw around you would have. Naiad, you and Geek have a great thing going, sure you are like the Nerd Queen of West Texas, but any dude coming into your house/life/whatever has to know he has no chance. There is no need to feel awkward or distance yourself or whatever. It is fun. Harmless fun. I'd have to enter a monastery, without internet, if I wanted to separate myself from every woman I found attractive.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's not their temptation. I know my lines, they know my lines. They've never been crossed. It's not that that worries me. Normally, it doesn't even bother me. The distancing (with one exception) wasn't me do it. It was the guy realizing that I wasn't actually going to lay him and dropping the friendship. That one exception was a guy that actually tried to physically make a move, got slapped down, and tried to do it again, earning himself a complete severing of ties.
    With the temptation of the moment, we both know the limits and both know the magic phrase that means we've hit a limit ("Stop. Now.") He's even more respectful of my boundaries than I am (mostly, I believe, because of a fear of my violence and Geek's rage,) only accepting a new turn in the friendship if I initiate it, he doesn't believe it'll fuck up the friendship, and it won't cause issues between Geek and I or Geek and him, or him and his chica. Thankfully, his bounds and mine mesh very well, so that the phrase hasn't had to be used. I'm not really worried, it's more the irritation that I know I'm monogamous and wouldn't fuck up my marriage or the friendship for the world, but I still want to fuck his brains out, even just in my head.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    it's more the irritation that I know I'm monogamous and wouldn't fuck up my marriage or the friendship for the world, but I still want to fuck his brains out, even just in my head.
    Ah. You would make a good dude. The difference is we don't get irritated by it. Beyond that, sorry I've got nothing. Sounds pretty normal though.

You aren't the only one that's told me I'd be a good guy. Hell, most days, aside from physicality, I'm more guy than chica anyways. The normal chick stuff, for the most part, bores me to tears, confuses me, or just makes no rational sense. Especially romantic comedies, buying more clothing than you can wear or afford, and mind games. Why the hell you would toy with someone's emotions and frames of reference for no gain and quite possibly a huge loss is beyond me.
    Yes, I wear some make-up and heels to work (thanks double standard!). Yes, I... uhhh... what's the other stereotypical female stuff that I do? Other feminine crap. But the female mind crap is a total mystery to me, usually. It just doesn't make sense, especially that Rules BS and, even better, bitching about someone staring at you lasciviously when not even a self respecting a whore would wear what you did.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think y'all are taking this a little too seriously. Attraction is a natural thing. Flirting is fun. Feeling desirable is fun. That is all it is fun. There is no need to feel awkward or distance yourself or whatever. It is fun. Harmless fun. I'd have to enter a monastery, without internet, if I wanted to separate myself from every woman I found attractive.
    HMMM. I'm really glad you feel that way.

I'm not really worried, it's more the irritation that I know I'm monogamous and wouldn't fuck up my marriage or the friendship for the world, but I still want to fuck his brains out, even just in my head.
    You nailed it. (or not, lol) That is exactly how I feel.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    This is my thought on the matter, but I do believe that we are hard wired to be looking for someone to procreate with, whether we are with someone or not. I think what you're going through is perfectly normal. I'm not a person you want to take advice from on this matter. Hell, you have way more self restraint then I do. I was not the woman men flocked to in my teens or early 20's. It's just within the past 2-3 years men find me attractive and its actually depressing for me that they do find me attractive. Not going to say anything more on this subject.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This is my thought on the matter, but I do believe that we are hard wired to be looking for someone to procreate with, whether we are with someone or not. I think what you're going through is perfectly normal. I'm not a person you want to take advice from on this matter. Hell, you have way more self restraint then I do. I was not the woman men flocked to in my teens or early 20's. It's just within the past 2-3 years men find me attractive and its actually depressing for me that they do find me attractive. Not going to say anything more on this subject.
    I think that you are right about the hard wired part. And I understand your last few sentences very well. Enough said.

I do believe it's hard wired, which is why I don't let it worry me.
    As to my self-restraint... let's leave it that I left a couple of really great relationships in HS for a variety act that fizzled within a month or 2, and learned my lesson then.
    And Geo? I do get where you're coming from, albeit at a different angle.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do believe it's hard wired, which is why I don't let it worry me.
    As to my self-restraint... let's leave it that I left a couple of really great relationships in HS for a variety act that fizzled within a month or 2, and learned my lesson then.
    And Geo? I do get where you're coming from, albeit at a different angle.
    Yeah, in the end I'm not really worried about my self restraint either...Darn it.