Page 470 of 621 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 470

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Can I have a night this week where I don't have to do work at home? Well, I'm taking at least one, because they can't have my Friday NerdOut night. They can have that when they pry it from my cold, dead calendar.
    Everyone deserves a Friday NerdOut Night. They'd have to pry my free time from my cold dead calendar as well. Everyone needs a break.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Friday NerdOut Night was once again awesome. We cooked again and played Soul Caliber V. Dinner rocked. SW Guy inadvertently ate Primal last night and didn't fight it. Dinner was Italian- Mexican fusion stuffed peppers. The meat was half spicy sausage, half ground beast mixed with Itslian seasoning, crushed red pepper, capyenne pepper, calabaza squash, onion, garlic, jalapeno, bell pepper, cheddar, and egg as a binder. We stuffed that into poblano peppers and baked 'em until the meat was done. Mmmm... tasty.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like delicious fun.

Indeed it was. I've almost got SWG turned to the dark side, mostly just with the success he's seen in me. About the only obstacle is his "eh" about how he eats in general. When he gives a damn, he eats whatever version of healthy strikes his fancy. Otherwise, it's just fuel with a taste.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Otherwise, it's just fuel with a taste.
    Nice. I just think I found another Naiadism to burgle.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

That one's not mine. It's SWG's. There shoud've been quotes: "Food's just fuel with taste. Why bother?"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The self-proclaimed areligious chick is having another existential crisis. I find it hard to relax and let go of worrying issues (like I always have), especially the let go part. It's this feeling that I must micromanage it to death or to it's conclusion. Just giving up and letting it find it's own end freaks me right the fuck out. Even when I know the conclusion/ action/ reaction that'll happen, I still must micromanage it. "Let go and let [God, the universe, fate, other supreme being]"actually causes a reaction to me like I've been insulted. Matter of fact, most insinuations or advice to do something religious causes either a knee jerk action on the opposite reaction or that feeling that my intellect has been insulted.
    Funny thing is, I'm not nonspiritual. I'm not atheist (most days.) I do believe there's something up/ in/ out there. Supreme being(s)? Probably not. Even with that belief, though, I didn't last more than a few weeks in AlAnon because all the references to a Higher Power made my skin crawl. It's like acknowledging a power greater than myself means that I can't handle life on my own and have to make up an imaginary friend to cope. Translation: acknowledging a Supreme Being means I'm weak, subconsciously.
    It takes effort to let go of my worry and just let it turn out how it will. It takes willpower and stubborness in arenas those don't exist for me. Not worrying is more stressful than worrying. It takes a good chunk of effort to let go of my stress over my perfomance review long enough to be relaxed so that my chiro appt wasn't absolutely useless. Granted, it feels damn near cathartic and light hearted to do so and I feel great when I do so. I'm so accustomed to worrying over every little thing that wanders across my mind that not worrying freaks me out.
    Meditation kinda works. Vegging kinda works. Things that disengage my brain kinda work. The moment I shift my brain back into gear, it goes "Nyah! Can't stop me now, I'm going to run amok and worry about whatever the hell I please and fuck whatever stopgaps you put in place!"
    The only thing that shuts it up and removes the worry from it's grasp is writing it out. I've known this. I took care of it for a little while, and it went away for awhile after that. Looks like it's time to find a worry book again, to take of this again. Or maybe another worry stone.
    My Primal Battle Tome

So... Why the hell are the spambots abducting parts of my sig now?
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    So... Why the hell are the spambots abducting parts of my sig now?
    because it is awesome?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

If that's the case, why aren't they liberating yours?
    My Primal Battle Tome