Page 464 of 621 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 464

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    RICE is my friend. My knee almost feels normal again, so long as i don't move it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    RICE? what did Rice do?

Glad you are feeling better! Rules were made for a reason... I know safety sucks sometimes (Especially for those of us who can avoid accidents by being primal) but... sorry... OSHA is important... (there are a lot of idiots out there) <3 LOVE YOU!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mandabear2010 View Post
    RICE? what did Rice do?

Glad you are feeling better! Rules were made for a reason... I know safety sucks sometimes (Especially for those of us who can avoid accidents by being primal) but... sorry... OSHA is important... (there are a lot of idiots out there) <3 LOVE YOU!
    I know why the regs (not OSHA, company) are there. One of our big sells to clients is how safety oriented we are. It's just irritating to have found the one none wheely chair in the office, dragged it over to my cube, and get told "you can't sit like that, it's not safe."
    RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) made my knee shrink down from 2ce it's normal size and stop hurting as much. It is my friend.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I know why the regs (not OSHA, company) are there. One of our big sells to clients is how safety oriented we are. It's just irritating to have found the one none wheely chair in the office, dragged it over to my cube, and get told "you can't sit like that, it's not safe."
    RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) made my knee shrink down from 2ce it's normal size and stop hurting as much. It is my friend.
    amazing! I am happy for you!!! I was really worried reading your status reports. <3

Sorry to be a witch about safety-mom is in HR and all...
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Manda- you're fine, hun. I'm generally the same way, as accident prone as I am. I just don't like being told no, is all.
    Today should be fun. My knee appears to be healed and the dog is clean, meaning I don't have an excuse. Full workout, take Pino to dog park and nature center, make dinner, and game night.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ok, revised because it's a bit chilly for the dog park. Walk dog, work out,, make dinner and Game Night.
    By the by, I made an interesting discovery this morning. I made myself some bacon and eggs to eat with the Primal apple cobbler for breakfast this morning. The bacon was WAYY too salty. Same one I use all the time, no formula change, that I can tell. So I'm even more salt sensitive now than I was before. I've been off and on Primal for nigh on 2 years now, and the round, I'm suddenly more sensitive to salt than ever before. WTF?
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Primal apple cobbler for breakfast this morning. The bacon was WAYY too salty. Same one I use all the time, no formula change, that I can tell. So I'm even more salt sensitive now than I was before. I've been off and on Primal for nigh on 2 years now, and the round, I'm suddenly more sensitive to salt than ever before. WTF?

Yeah, bacon has been way too salty for me lately as well. It is odd how tastes change. Now, what is this primal apple cobbler of which you speak?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, bacon has been way too salty for me lately as well. It is odd how tastes change. Now, what is this primal apple cobbler of which you speak?
    Primal Apple Cobbler
    3 lb apples, peeled, cored and chopped to 1" piecesn
    cinnamon, to taste
    1 c chopped pecans
    2 c pecan flour
    2 eggs
    1 stick melted butter
    Preheat oven to 350*. Toss apples with cinnamon to taste, and plop into 13x17 pan baking dish, spread evenly. Mix together everything else with more cinnamon, aiming for a sticky, but somewhat shapable mass, adding only enough butter as necessary for consistency. Pinch off a small piece at a time, and top cobbler with pecan stuff. Bake until apples are soft and topping is browned.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I've noticed that, with slacking off on Primal, my ADHD control has been sliding, to the point that I can barely function at work. This is ridiculous. A disease that really doesn't exist in the historical world is fucking me up. I know, I know, just go back to what worked. It's not that easy. I need the extra carbs, and eating squash, fruit, sweet potatoes to bring it up means having to eat beyond satiation just to make sure I get the carbs. I'm also fighting Geek on this, as he seems to think I do better or grains. He has a point, I hit my carb load more easily and more often with grains. It also makes meals a pain in the ass, to have to make a meal both grain and primal friendly. I know, I know, we did it well enough for well over a year. Its not something I want to do for life, though, and I won't fight him bout him going primal. It'd be a losing battle not worth the effort or strain on our marriage. Even going added sugar free would be a pain in the ass with joint meals, and separate but equal meals are alienating. It's a conundrum that forced itself more to light with each passing semi-primal day. I'll have to figure something out, one way or another.
    I know I can control the ADhD without drugs, just as I can control my depression. It's just a matter of how. I know several techniques to try, it just staying solid enough in applying them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck and tons of hugs. Could you perhaps try sprouted grains? Westin Price folks seem big on that. Honestly I have no idea wtf good sprouting a grain does but their site should have more info if you want to try that route.

Edit: apparently sprouting reduces anti-nutrients. http://www.westonaprice.org/food-fea...to-your-grains
    Last edited by canio6; 02-06-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony