Page 443 of 621 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 443

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    No workout, unless you count dodging skeevy game store workers and The Brother.
    I think that would fall more under play than a workout. More like a lively game of dodgeball turns into dodge-a-person.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The skeevy game store worker was hitting on me in front of Geek and trying to get me to play a MMORPG , even after I said I despise them. He was also talking up Steam (what a steaming pile THAT is) like it was the best thing since WOW. I guess I'm just too "old school" (c'mon it hasn't even been 10 years) for these modern punks; I prefer LAN play over net play and MMORPGs and clients. Things are just easier and work better that way.
    The Brother... he's being oblivious to the point of wanting to bludgeon him across the head in the hopes of getting it through his thick skull.
    It's Friday! Oh thank the gods, it's Friday.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Steam sux
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of doing a workout in a cubicle! I never thought of that before.

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I like Steam. I've bought some fun indy / small studio games that way. I loved Eufloria for example, and a lot of the PopCap games (Plants vs. Zombies, anyone?)

All that said, the guy at the game store sounds like an obnoxious idiot. Hitting on you, seriously? And... why would a game store guy talk up Steam? Aren't all the PawnStops going out of business already? Hey, at least he'll lose his job soon. 9_9
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

I don't like Steam in that most Steam games will not run offline and, short of eunuching it almost to unusability, Steam grafts itself into your system with a "I'll update and download whatever I damn well please, and use the maximum dl speed possible." That combined with not being able to turn off it's pinger just irritate the hell out of me.
    This weekend was fun, for the most part.
    Geek's got a call yesterday evening that he was going out of town midmorning today. We were both infuriated, this is a new record in lack of notice. He'll be gone until, at best, Friday.
    I may see about dragging SWG and [new friend without a nick yet] to the metal concert tonight, or I may jsut stay home and get some shit done that's been needing to get done. Concert's can be painful for me both physically (sensitive ears for volume) and psychologically (large crowd in a small space.) I dunno yet.
    The Blue Haired Wonder from HS reappeared over the weekend via fb, as well as another person I knew back then. Blue Haired Wonder I was pleasantly surprised to "see;" the other person got a "no" to their friend request. If I hated your guts in HS, what makes you think randomly reappearing nearly 10 years later will change my mind? She was apparently "trying to amke (sic) amends," but this was the [insert insult here] that quite literally drove me to tears atand nearly tipped me to suicide at one point. Making nice with her isn't an option.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I had one of those moments on fb a few years ago. Some chick that I was friends with in elementary school used to rip me to shreds in junior high and high school. I added her forgetting what happened. So I'm on fb and she starts messaging me telling me that she was sorry for what she did yada yada yada. So I'm thinking what the hell did you do? She starts explaining what she did. I then told her that I had forgotten all that shit and thanks for bringing up those bad memories and that I hopes she enjoys her life. I immediately deleted her on fb and haven't spoken to her since.
    Georgette

As an aside, I saw my weight after this weekend and realized that I was NOT imagining the extra flub around my waistline and that my pants were not all shrinking. I'm taking Geek being out of town as incentive and going back to full primal, starting with a 24 hr fast today.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I know what I'm doing for dinner and 5 can't get here fast enough.
    I'm gon\ing to try and replicate the wonderful sear that PF Chang's has on their meats. I think a very hot cast iron skillet and no grease to start with might be just the ticket for the crunch. I wasn't too enthused with their stir fry, so I'll do stir fry tonight make a better version. Figuring cheap ass beef (shit, shoulda thawed out the heart), carrot, celery, zuke, broc, spinach or kale, bell, jalapeno, ginger, onion, garlic (of course), green beans?, green onion?, and whatever else sounds good at the store. I'll also try NOT to make enough to feed Cox's 5th army, since I'm only feeding me. That may be difficult.
    Now to figure out a sauce for that.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds good. It's bacon and eggs for dinns tonight. I may have to try making a stir fry with jalapeno now that Heather likes spicy foods.
    Georgette