Page 442 of 621 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 442

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lunchtime workout: 2 sun salutations, 2 great salutations, 6 desk height dips, 6 desk height push-ups, 8 full lunges per leg. Too bad there's nothing I trust to support my weight enough to try pull- ups in my cube.
    Not hungry because I had a breakfast of scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-09-2011 at 10:27 AM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

My kitchen is spotless (don't look in the fridge), but I don't have many spoons today. I think working out AND cleaning the kitchen on the same day wasn't my most brilliant move. Ow.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Sadly, my kitchen is about as clean as my mind. I need to get it cleaned tonight. Out of curiosity wth is a sun salutation?

It's a yoga routine, good for stretching muscles and loosing kinks, if you can find the space and your clothing lets you. A Great Salutation is an expansion on a sun salutation.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    positive spin struck me as marketing, which doesn't sit well with the scientist in me. Maybe I should try again, on my own terms.
    I'd say so, yeah. And remember that what feels like objective statements... the depression is doing its own very active "negative marketing" with your objectivity, so it may be a struggle just to be alert to the negativity so you can counter with the way you phrase what you internalize. If that makes any sense.

RE: prescription, good thing you are a smart patient who watches out to make sure you get the right thing, instead of just taking what the pharmacy hands you. Sounds like you've had to learn that the hard way, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    If anything happens with you, the sides will be uneven
    Heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    It is really scary what those hormones can do to us.
    I'm wondering how I'm going to do myself now that my periods are coming back for the first time in about 3.5 years (thanks to pregnancies) and before that I was on the pill (and a high-carb diet!) for _decades_.

And hormones and mental stuff... yeah. We all think of ourselves as these basically objective beings but when you think about how the smallest medical things (hormones... clots... whatever) can completely change our mood and even our personalities, it's scary! This is part of why I tell my husband he needs to hold the kids and then himself as his top priorities, not me. What if I had a stroke or something someday and turned into a horrible or dangerous person? Don't feel obliged to stay with me, dude. Take the kids and make a break for it.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It's amazing what the right dose of BC does. I'm back to my normal happy go lucky self after not even a week off that other one and on the correct dose.
    Oh wow! Whew. Good! o_o
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Jenny- I know all too well about "objective" statements. That's part of flying down the rabbit hole. I've been edging towards being more positive (it's a lot easier to do when your body's not being "helped" into being even more depressed) and I do seem to be less susceptible to some of my triggers. There are few things coming up that will be a test of far out of the rabbit hole I've come, so we'll see.
    If you're leery of chemical BC, see if you'd be a candidate for the nonmedicated IUD. BC without any medication other than the body's aversion to filling a slot that's already taken. I looked into that, but apparently, as tiny as I am and my not having had kids yet makes them afraid the IUD would be too large for me and possibly cause some really nasty damage.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    My tubes are tied+cauterized so I'm not too worried about it in terms of birth control. (Then again, the same doc who IMO mishandled my incision troubles is the one who did the tube tying... but _presumably_ he did that part right...)

So really it's just a question of, what the heck does my body want these days hormonally? We'll see. I found a new doc who is well-versed in PCOS (a reproductive endocrinologist) so I think I'll be able to get appropriate advice and testing from him if it becomes clear that my body's new "normal" is not good.

As for the rabbit hole... yeah, having some normalized chunks of time always has helped me keep perspective about/during the moodier times that I have. (It's not as bad as you have it, but that's how it's gone for me.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Lunch: burger salad- burger, green chiles, garlic, bleu cheese, parm, salad greens, spinach, cuke, tom, roasted red bell, bacon, pico do gallo.
    My Primal Battle Tome

dinner- shawarma chicken, garlic sauteed red bell and zuke slathered in shawarma sauce, and raw cuke and tom dipped in tzatziki and shawarma sauce.
    Dessert- strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cherries.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yesterday's food: Lunch was 5 or 6 bites of leftover curry. Dinner was hibachi grill steak and shrimp, and yes I ate the rice. Also had about half of a venti caramel macchiato breve. No workout, unless you count dodging skeevy game store workers and The Brother.
    My Primal Battle Tome