Page 415 of 621 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 415

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Twibble- yes. I eventually had to call him out on his neediness, which seems to have driven him even further into the crush.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Wait...he thinks he's well-trained? I think he did dishes twice in 3 months. Garbage got taken out only if he saw me actively grabbing the bag. I'm confused.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Wait...he thinks he's well-trained? I think he did dishes twice in 3 months. Garbage got taken out only if he saw me actively grabbing the bag. I'm confused.
    To most men that is well-trained.
    Georgette

See what I referred to above. Carrying shit for you ( I shit you not, he tried to hold my purse for me when I was looking through the racks at the mall and he refused to let me carry the clothes I picked out), making sure he walked between me and the street, all that jazz. I don't think he's referring to household chores in that phrase.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    No, wait, my husband is well-trained, though he still has faults. Not only does he empty the garbage when it's full, he does a full sweep of all the other cans (bathrooms, etc.) in the house at the same time. He does dishes every night, though I've agreed to scoop the cat box in exchange. We each think we got the easy job. On Saturday, he lets me sleep in while he gets up with our kids and will even start the laundry if I've sorted it the night before. God bless his mom for raising her son right!
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    See what I referred to above. Carrying shit for you ( I shit you not, he tried to hold my purse for me when I was looking through the racks at the mall and he refused to let me carry the clothes I picked out), making sure he walked between me and the street, all that jazz. I don't think he's referring to household chores in that phrase.
    I think, I would kill him. If my husband did that, I would have to ask him what crack he is smoking.
    Georgette

I hesitate to call Geek trained, more that he lived alone long enough that he knows how a house needs to run. It's a fairly unspoken agreement, but we generally do dishes together (one washing, one drying), we generally cook together, taking out the trash is generally a two person job (he'll empty the smaller cans into the larger one and take that out to the dumpster, I'll rebag the cans throughout the house and take out the compost), we alternate vacuuming (usually, it depends on who gets fed up with the floor first), I sweep and mop the kitchens and bathrooms and do the laundry, he takes care of the vehicles, home repairs, and the yard (we both think we have the better half of that.) Like I said, he's not trained, so to speak, he just knows what needs to happen to keep the house livable and usable, as do I. There's an unspoken rhythm to how we do things and it works.
    As to the brother with a crush on me, I'm just going to do what I always do: let it run it's course. Usually, if you pointedly ignore the crush long enough, it'll fade away or become something manageable.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Geo, he stopped after I told him he could either let go of the damn hangers or he could walk his own ass back to Odessa. He stopped trying to walk on the outside after I rather pointedly shoved him to one side and into the road so I could walk on the side I wanted to (I don't like having my left side closed off.) That's what it took to get it through his skull.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Geo, he stopped after I told him he could either let go of the damn hangers or he could walk his own ass back to Odessa. He stopped trying to walk on the outside after I rather pointedly shoved him to one side and into the road so I could walk on the side I wanted to (I don't like having my left side closed off.) That's what it took to get it through his skull.
    He can be rather dense. Need a clue-by-4?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Nah, the Big Blue Clue Bat of Doom seems to be working quite well.
    My Primal Battle Tome