Page 41 of 621 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 41

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday was chocolate cake (that I'm paying for today with intestinal distress in addition to catching the stomach bug going 'round) and Buffalo Wild Wings: 6 spicy garlic, 6 blazin, 6 desert heat. Wasn't too enthused by the desert heat flavor. Nothing else. Failed all objectives.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    BLARG. Sorry to hear you're under the weather *sends healing mind-rays*

Went to the grocery store last night, twice (forgot something.) I was inside for a total of about half an hour. Wandered all over the store. Didn't see a single person that wasn't overweight. Even the poor kiddos were overweight. Even the employees were overweight. It looked like a few weren't necessarily overweight and may have just had the grainbelly, but even so, geez. In a store with over 50 people in there, possibly 75, My husband and I were the only people who were actually healthy looking. It was scary.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm thinking that I need to back off on my laws while I'm all emotionally and physically fucked over (still haven't gotten my immune system back up to speed.)
    New Rules
    1) No grains, sugars, or chemical crap.
    This will be occasionally unavoidable at restaurants and exceptions will be made for dark chocolate and close family birthday cakes (ya hear that, lizard brain? I'm serious.)
    2) Get off my duff and MOVE at least 7 times a week. Dancing, walking, sledgehammer, sprints, anything.
    3) Get at least (on average) 8 hrs of sleep a night. Catching up on sleep debt on weekends is not acceptable.
    4) Deal with my emotional shit as it comes, not bottle it up until I break.
    5) Do one thing every day to relieve stress. This does not include surfing the web. This loops back to #4
    6) Stop being such a recluse. I have friends; they don't need to be abandoned.

Hopefully, this removes the physical stresses I'm putting my body under and alleviates the emotional stresses that I know affect me physically.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    {{{hugs}}}

We need to do coffee again sometime. My days are getting a little hectic with the hubby in town ... but he's only got less than 2 weeks until he goes back to Baghdad. Then it's going to be just me and my courses (yay algebra ... *grumble*).
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

I've been leaving you alone because I know y'all don't get much time together.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Thanks I appreciate it Weds evenings are convenient for a quick cup of coffee after class though. Maybe next week?
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Ok. Sounds good.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better physically and emotionally soon. I don't pretend to understand your issues with your mom, but I have had issues with mine, and with my wife, and with life in general it all happens whenever you are not prepared to handle it.

About 8 years ago when I was going through a particularly DARK time I received the best advice I have ever had, simply. "You need to find ways to be happy regardless of your current conditions." This sounds really generic, so I'll explain more. I was a complete wreak, emotionally drained and felt trapped not knowing where to go or what to do, completely miserable. I spoke to a professional for only about 15 minutes over the phone and he said that I could either find ways to be happy regardless of my circumstances and relationships, or 5 years from now (then) I would still be miserable.

I started thinking about myself just a little and slowly made changes. I found a few hobbies, started riding a bike again, got a dog to hang out with. Some hobbies that I started, didn't last others did. It wasn't quick or easy but over the course of a year or so my life improved dramatically. Now I can honestly say I am for the most part a happy guy, my job sucks right now, but that is just a part of my life not my total existence. After a long day at work I can walk away and not think about it during my time in the evenings.

Hope this makes sense.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

PrimalCon New York
    Kev-
    Thank you. I was once asked "Are you happy?" I started going into this long, drawn out spiel and after a sentence, the person cuts me off and replies "That's not what I asked. Are you happy? Even with or without all your various problems, are you happy?" I started again, trying to explain my way of thought. I was once again cut off with "You're missing the concept. Happiness isn't not having problems or not having issues. Happiness is." I wandered off, thinking that this person was a fruitbasket. Yet, time and again, I hear this haunting "Are you happy? Happiness is," playing in the background of whatever drama I get myself into. I think that actually stuck with me and is part of the reason I'm generally a fairly optimistic (not Pollyana, optimistic realist.) Happiness beats the hell out of the alternatives.
    My Primal Battle Tome