Page 401 of 621 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 401

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If we had a decent one within less than 300 miles, I probably would've done that. Alas, I was in no shape for a 5 hour car ride and hiking Six Flags.
    Will someone tell Midland Big Boss to quit fanning the damn flames? I'm working from home today after I leave here to finish something because he misspoke and freaked the client rep out. Grrr...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're better and garlic did it! For me its been pb&j. I think now I need to start finding something else, especially since pb&j isn't exactly primal.
    Georgette

"who needs sleep
    'Cause you're never gonna get it.
    Who needs sleep
    Tell me what's that for."
    4 hrs of work later, I click send on the critical e-mail, look down and see 0415. 0630 came much too fast.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    That's really cool that garlic worked for you. I'll have to remember that. It truly is a superfood...

Don't know that it'll work for everyone, but it works for me, usually.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I now know what very little sleep and a cup of coffee do to me: I feel stoned out of my damned gourd. It feels like I took painkillers and muscle relaxers, with a chaser of booze. I seriously feel fucking stoned.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Weeeee!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Because of the time I sent in that "critical" e-mail this morning, the office manager (AKA Midland Big Boss) is telling me to go home if I "start fading" and get some sleep. Meanwhile, FL boss is trying to get these drawings out the door as soon as possible, yesterday would be nice. My thinking is to finish the drawings and then go home.
    ETA: Now I'm being told via e-mail "Thank you, Jen! Please catch up on your needed rest as soon as possible," by the office manager. Uhhh... Conflictions much?
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-22-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "who needs sleep
    'Cause you're never gonna get it.
    Who needs sleep
    Tell me what's that for."
    "If I start acting stupid, I'll shoot myself
    And I'll sleep when I'm dead."

Not a suggestion for you (that should go without saying, but some folks hereabouts seem willfully clueless these days).
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know, Io. A similar past makes that point without beating a dead horse.
    "Sleep is for the weak who have too much blood in their caffeine stream."
    My Primal Battle Tome