Page 35 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135535 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 35

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So, I accidentally had the interview today. Went in to drop off my resume in my work clothes and got told "Mr X is available and wants to go ahead and see you." Ulp.
    Upshot: They want me. They want me bad. I figured this out when they started talking salary and trying to figure out what they'd have me doing. The only thing blocking them from handing me the job right then and there was to see if they could afford to hire on another engineer with the workload they have. I think I have a new job, folks. With better benefits and possibly better pay. Keep everything crossed for me, folks.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    That's great news.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Fingers, toes, and everything humanly possible are now crossed, Naiad!!!
    YAY, and hugs...

Soooo... before and during PB photos

Before: My wedding, October 2009
    IMG_0784..jpg
    Now:
    IMG00081..jpg
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    #1 - YAY - very exciting, positive news on the job prospect! Bonus that it looks better than what you've currently got.

#2 - You're looking really good! How I envy all you women with a well-defined waist. (And, your wedding dress is lovely, BTW.)

Thank you and thank you. I chose that dress because it was inexpensive and reuseable. $200 for a wedding dress that I can use for formal functions and renfaires after the wedding? That's not white? yes, please!
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm in a contemplative mood tonight. It doesn't help that I ate a taco salad and ate the shell mindlessly. I'm usually more mindful of what I eat, especially fast food or at my in laws. I've also noticed that certain foods have positive emotional cues and taste nowhere good as they once did whereas others taste great but I can't eat them because of negative emotional cues. I need to sort through some emotional stuff from my past (my suicide near attempt, my mother's suicide attempts, my father's alcoholism and freedom with the physical discipline, some other stuff). I've gotten much of it sorted out and dealt with, but seemingly not all of it. I live the cards I've been dealt and sneak in an ace once in a while, but the ones I get dealt are pretty shitty much of the time. The food issues have nothing to do with quantity and more to do with the comfort and anticomfort food aspects.
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    The fact that you are aware of your issues speaks volumes. I understand the feeling of getting too many shitty cards dealt your way.

Good therapy helped me deal with my all too frequent, shitty cards.

Mine isn't so much therapist material as deep soul searching reflection and internal meditation material.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Great news on the job front!

{{hugs}} for the emotional issues ...
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)