Page 30 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 30

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    craptastic to site another fellow MDA. naiadknight, that sucks bigtime. hope you get a new job right away. :/
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    Dinner: Stir fry of carrot, celery, onion, red bell, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, eftover chicken, skirt steak with a sauce of garlic chili oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and ginger
    Dessert: 3 c Whipped heaven, 5 strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, hot chocolate salad: chocolate, coconut oil, 1/2 apple, peach, 2 strawberries

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Went to the mall trying to find a suit jacket and get a massage. Got the massage, didn't find the jacket in the right size.

3. Lift heavy things.
    Not today.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    Didn't happen

5. Get lots of sleep.
    6 hrs

6. Play.

window shopped

7. Get some sunlight every day.
    6k IU Vit D

8. Avoid trauma.
    Yep

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    yep

10. Use your mind.
    Updated my resume and job hunted and tried not to get irritated at the "gods of fashion" for making the only stuff in my size overpriced, minute amounts of clothing, or in a style that died in the 80s for a reason. Who the hell pays $200 for a suit jacket that has shoulder pads the size of my head (not exaggerating) and doesn't cover the stomach? All I wanted was a classic black blazer in a size that fit for under $250. Didn't find it. I can't find a damn thing in my size that is something I'm willing to pay for and will last longer than a season around here.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 07-23-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm actually feeling kinda bummed right now. The news about my job finally sunk in and, even though I'm taking the steps I need to find another job and I have time to find one, it stings. Alright, it more than stings, it hurts. Governmental work is supposed to be stable, y'know? It's supposed to be the job you keep as long as you want so long as you don't ROYALLY fuck it up. I'm a prime example of LIFO (Last In, First Out,) which shouldn't exist in the city.
    Doing more research on asshole boss's boss (hereafter referred to as ABB) turns up that he's a prime example of a seagull manager: he flies in, shits all over everything, and leaves. His history (as far back we can trace it) shows he doesn't stay at a job longer than 5-7 years. I dunno. I'm just.... I dunno. There's no word that I know, in any language, that describes how I feel right now. I can feel my depression trying to come on, and I'm holding it at bay, but there are times I just want to curl up under the covers and cry my eyes out and feel sorry for myself or run around screaming, going mad, and being destructive. I can't do the one and refuse to do the other. So I'll just sit here and surf the web and try not to feel sorry for myself. By the way, this isn't the ostrich of dealing with it, because I acknowledge what happened. I just don't want to turn into a quivering, gibbling mess (again.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Naiad,

I just went through the layoff bullshit last year; so I feel ya.
    PM me if you would like to talk?

batty is offline Senior Member
    i am so sorry about your job. i do believe things happen for a reason, and i think the universe is saying there is something much better for you coming your way.

also, whoever thought bringing back 80s fashion was a good idea should be slapped upside the head.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

lefty graph
    I got laugh out of this, mostly because of how true it is.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Hey hon, big hugs!

I know what you are going through, at least in part. Difference is when I lost my job, everyone lost their jobs (except a few high ranking people who transferred). Still it's depressing.

If I wasn't so busy this weekend (and week) with my husband returning and my stepkids coming to stay I'd drive out to Odessa. Remember the party next Saturday though ... nothing better than hanging out with people, eating good food and having fun to lift your spirits.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Eh, Do what ya gotta do. I'm glad he's coming home and you'll have folks in the house. I'll be there saturday.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My Primal Battle Tome

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ahhhhhhh naiad, that truly sucks ass
    I'm conscious that I'll probably sound lame and/or insincere, but I honestly think something will work out for you. Look at Kuno1chi
    In the meantime, how about taking a sledgehammer to an old tyre? Some good ol' primal destruction...
    Thinking of you