Page 3 of 621 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I finally saw photos taken at my wedding (we did it all with "bring your camera." 8 months later...) It was definitely a geek wedding. The bride wore forest green, the groom wore sunglasses, everything was handmade, the music was patched to the speaker via duct tape, electrical tape and a couple stripped wires, the cake was cut with an old knife, the ceremony was done by a friend with an on- line pastorship (he's as agnostic as I am), the ceremony was read from a laptop, the procession was "Blood of Cu Chulainn", both my parents walked me down the aisle.... yeah, it was a geek wedding....
    I love the way it all came together though, even with me freaking out about how things must be just so (they weren't) beforehand (up to like 5 min before I walked down the aisle.) I'm definitely going back to that ranch.

Chili's Jalapeno smokehouse burger without tortilla strips, mayo, or bun, with avocado and broccoli.
    Chron- o- meter for day:
    Cal: 1166
    Protein: 83.5
    carbs: 39.9
    sat fat: 23.9
    monounsat: 36.1
    o-3: 2.4
    0-6: 6.2
    Vit D: just shy of sun burn today, got it from field work.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 05-21-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Selenium and magnesium/ zn supplement again. Seems to be working.
    I may be job hunting again within 6 mo. My boss's boss pulled an utter dick move and threw down the "If you don't kiss my ass and do everything my way, I'm demoting you until you quit" card. He's trying to oust my boss and replace her with a kiss- ass (read: someone who'll micromanage us for "efficiency and productivity." I don't tolerate micro managers well, esp. ones that have no clue what I'm doing.) I may try to get a fun looking job with the city I live in. The qualifications are slightly above my range, but I'll try for it.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I may try to get a fun looking job with the city I live in. The qualifications are slightly above my range, but I'll try for it.
    Best of luck to you!

Thanks. It's a stormwater position, which is rarer than hen's teeth in my part of the world. It's also my primary love when it comes to work.

WTF?! If your house floods because your personal drainage system (gutters and French drains) fails under the 5 year flood, how is that the city's fault?! How is it the City's fault that your dumb ass bought a house 3-4 ft below the flood level (within the floodplain, grandfathered in) and floods every year and a half? Folks, the desert does get rain. It will flood the streets because up until 20 years ago, we didn't give it any thought. If it's coming down a gully washer, get home and stay home. Stay away from obvious flood areas. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. There is the occasional rational complaint (most are actually) but the people who assume it's the City's fault their car was washed away because they DROVE AROUND THE CONES that were barring the path to a LOW WATER CROSSING are just idiots.... RRRRRRRR...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Lack of personal responsibilty is one of my biggest "Hot Buttons", myself.
    Sometimes you just have to shake your head, and bite your tongue

Evita is offline Senior Member
    lol Naiad, I worked a flooding disaster for FEMA once, and let me tell ya- I couldn't agree with you more on people and there rationalizing methods Loosing your home is horrible and the damage that people acquire is heartbreaking, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Common sense and getting educated on the geography and climate, and floodzone specs of your homestead can help.
    Oh and p.s.- Im a sucker for weddings, even "geeky" ones ( I didn't know weddings could be geeky) lol sounds like it was fun! You should post some pics, Id love to see it!

I am, but I was delegated as Flood Representative, so to speak, from the Engineering dept, because I'm the Hydraulics and Hydrology engineer (not my official title, but it's a large part of my duties).

Went to jason's deli for lunch
    2 tbsp cranberry walnut mix 2 c leaf mix
    1.5 tbsp almond slivered 1 hb egg
    3 tbsp chopped bacon~ 1.5 slice 2 oz chix breast
    1 tbsp olive oil 2 tbsp asiago
    1 tbsp balsamic 1 c gumbo w/ as much rice as I could fish out of it gone (maybe 1/8 c left)
    .75c bell pepper
    1/4 c broccoli
    9 grape toms
    Ate to satiation, probably should've stopped a little earlier.
    Selenium, magnesium/ zn, and fish oil seem to be working well. No brain fog. Much less irritable, even with stupid self righteous citizens.