Page 23 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 23

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Made chili for dinner. Had to thicken it with cornstarch (:/) and masa () so we could eat before midnight. Wasn't much of either one (2tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 c masa for a 6 person batch), but it definitely fucked with the coloration and consistency. I honestly prefer to cook it the night before and throw it in the crockpot until dinner the next day. Gives it that nice deep red- brown color and the meats fall apart. Meats this time were buffalo, sirloin, and lamb. No habaneros because of a friend who can't handle heat, and only 5 jalapenos and 2 serranos. Did the same trick of dicing the meat instead of using ground that I always do. Needs more meat next time, and definitely more cook time, but other than that came out well.
    Went and got a massage at the mall today. $40 for a hour long tabletop massage? I can swing that. Whatever it is they pay this guy, it isn't enough. He got my iliac muscles to stop yelling and my shoulders mostly untensed (hey, he only had an hour) and abused most of the tension out of everywhere else. Most of the masseuses I've dealt with (even the expensive one that was a gift session) didn't apply enough pressure and got insulted when I said what they did tickled. I can't help that my knees, outer thighs and ankles are ticklish. Press harder. This guy applied enough pressure to really dig out what was hurting.
    Spent most of the rest of the day either sleeping through an earache or tending the chili. Just went to Fourbucks and got an overpriced, oversugared coffee drink. I'm not even gonna try and make an excuse. I had a craving for chocolate, coffee, and caramel, and satisfied said craving.
    Story's coming along nicely. 6 pages in 2 hours, still not even to the first scene of merit. Two primary characters finally were alias named 2 pages back. I'm having fun with a semi omniscient third person writing style. Writes from a 3rd person POV following the lead character, including thoughts. Still debating back and forth on alternating chapters between omniscience of the male and female lead (one follows her, the next follows him, the next her, yadayadayada.) I would, but I can honestly say that I'd have trouble writing from a guy's POV. I may hang out with only guys, and be "one of the guys," but they still confuse me occasionally. I may be able to do it with this one. He's just twisted and old fashioned enough for me to take that tactic. Still, if I were to do that, I'm not sure how future main characters (if they appear, I think any more will be secondary to these two) would play out. The next player will add an interesting twist, that's for sure. Wonder when he'll show up.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Re: the pics.....Beautiful. Darling. Adorable. Such great pics. Thanks for posting.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Pretending to work to make up my days of being out with the earache. Wooo.... Well, I'm actually getting some work done because it's quiet enough that I can blast my music and get going.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Practice makes perfect
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Today's fud: 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease with cheddar, jalapenos, and shish kebab remnants; 4 slices applewood bacon, and 1/2 c sour pie cherries w/ 2 oz mascarpone.
    Exercise: didn't happen.
    Play: video game with niece, complete with fighting myself not to throw the controller across the room and extravagant, extraneous gestures to get the character to move as directed (i.e. hold down the joystick to the right and wave the controller to the right. It's not a wii, that's just a holdover from my SNES days.)
    Worked 9 hours.
    Slept 8 hours.
    Managed to stay relatively patient and calm with niece, even though I was hurting and she was being quite the only child (bossy, insistent, attention hungry, etc.) I consider that to be feat worth mentioning, means my temper's finally smoothing out. Can't say whether it's all PB, my getting more mellow with age, or just not having kids that might as well be mine underfoot for several years; but something's working and I'm becoming more patient and kid tolerant.
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Quite the only child? :x
    You're saying it like it's a bad thing!

*jumps on your head*

You're the better person, I don't think I can tolerate children, I want to drop them on the head and say "oops".
    I don't know why they think they can be annoying. They're not nearly as cute as animals are.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Chicken curry on spinach leaves for dinner. BAS for lunch. Walked 3.5 miles w/ SIL and did sprints. Work was boring today. My other ear still hurts, the original ear just itches now. I'm going to bed.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Naiad...we both had curry days today

Sweet Dreams...hope your ear feels better soon.

Feeling mostly better today.
    L: tuna in water pouch and 1/2 c pineapple cream cheese dip (better that than mayonnaise chocolate cake w/ peanut butter frosting. It was my boss's birthday.)
    D: chicken salad w/ lettuce mix.
    My variation on basic chicken salad:
    1 chicken thigh
    1/2 celery rib
    1/5 granny smith apple
    4-5 dill pickle chips
    1 hb egg
    2 tbsp pecans
    1/4 c yogurt

Additions today: 1 tbsp cider vinegar, 1/4 c blueberries

May make some whipped heaven and berries for dessert later.

Work was interesting. Several drainage complaints, 1 routine (stand there, pity them, tell them it takes time but it'll get fixed eventually, pass it on to my counterpart in another department), a few new and different. 1 was a curb that had obviously started sinking a while back and started taking the curb of the rest of the block with it. It'll require a good 150- 200 linear feet of curb to fix what originally may have been a 17 LF fix. Another was a case of a sunken alley near a manhole (nearly 8" of manhole) filled with bricks (note that I didn't say bricked up) and a gravel pad in front of a concrete drive reaching 2-3 feet in the street. Blocked drainage, possibly broke code by installing an unpermitted driveway. Another was a minor sinkhole/ punchout in an alley (3' long by 9" wide by 3" deep with a 7" by 1' punchout.) Probably fairly routine in other areas (Florida, Houston) but out here we get very little rain and have a sandy soil that is 3"- 2' deep before you hit limestone bedrock. No, that wasn't a typo. It's pretty difficult to get a respectable hollow punchout (what this is) in this area.
    Intended to work out, but SIL wasn't feeling that great. So I stayed home and did housework: organized my bookshelves (I need another one), organized my closet (I had some shoes that couldn't be saved and some empty shoeboxes in there), went through my old college notes and separated out what I actually need to keep for the PE exam and reference, stood on a wobbly bench to put some heavier books on the top shelf, laundry, dishes, etc.
    I probably got in a fair amount of long, slow movement and a minor amount of heavy objects.
    I think my next project will be to build and carve a wooden shoe rack, sweater shelves, and scarf bar. I need all 3, but the shoe rack and scarf rod are the most necessary. I could buy them, but I have a system in place that'll work until I can make them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

So, you know what's better than whipped heaven? Mexican Chocolate whipped heaven. Take 1/2 c heavy cream, 1-2 tbsp mascarpone, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 1-2 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder, dump it all in the same bowl and whip to stiff peaks. Commence to drool and inhale.
    My Primal Battle Tome