Page 217 of 621 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 217

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That's part of the remapping is cutting connections that don't need to be there. There's no point is having a connection betwen Outlook and EPAnet, but I found one. So I severed it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    *pulls out a knife*

Uhhhh...I don't think this is the proper method for severing them...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Not unless you're going all zombie on me.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mmmmm....brains....
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

And I just found out from Mom that, according to several teachers I had growing up, I had ADD tendencies. MS, my foot.
    My Primal Battle Tome

*snerk*

My mom has reports from my teachers all the back to preschool saying that I was disorganized. I was amused.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Let's see, the ones I remember hearing: disorganized, distracted easily (usually by the book I was reading), horrible handwriting (still is), skips steps, reinterprets directions to suit self, fidgety, doesn't pay attention (only got that one once or twice), won't sit still...
    The issues I remember having: boring teachers, being taught something I already knew, horrible handwriting, classes that were entirely too long, boring/ remedial (for me) home/classwork. You have to get me involved or give me a reason to want to do it, otherwise I struggle. "A paycheck" or "an A" are not acceptable reasons. You have to get me interested or present it as an unsolved problem. I can listen all day long and not hear a word of it because what's in my own head is more interesting.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    That sounds more like you are gifted and less like ADD to me. I'm no expert on the subject of course, but my dad has been an instructor of the gifted for 15 + years and my GF is gifted and had much the same experience. She hated school and even didn't go for two years (went to the library and educated herself) until she got into a gifted boarding school. ADD...attention deficit disorder...no, the disorder was in school not you, what I like to called EDD..Educationally Deficient Disorder.

In this case, I believe it was both. Even when I was being challenged in the magnet system (schools for gifted kids), I'd still zone out, even it was challenging material. Calculus was a prime example. So was biology. Having too many brains for the system and too much energy to deal with bring bored runs in my family.
    Just applied for a couple environmental jobs. I hope I get a new job soon. This one blows. It's not the work, so much (although parts of the actual work suck donkey sack, like filling out permits), but having no peers is not cool. Especially since I get treated as somewhat of an outsider because I don't live in fucking Andrews. I'm actually kinda hoping for the tech job, even though it includes a fair amount of travel, because all that travel is field time, which rocks.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think most cases of ADD are just people who are too bright for the school system, but mine does affect me outside of school too.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly