Page 203 of 621 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 203

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    TXDOT probably sanded the bridges. Between that and it being loose snow, not ice, it's probably reasonably safe. Crossing the draws would scare the hell out of me, but that's more because the entire area is sloped towards them and there's likely to be more around those. By the by, I wouldn't cross the Jal Draw at Ward, not in this weather. It should be safe, but I'd feel better if you didn't.
    I only mind the slow folks if they're going 30 when there's no real reason to. Or if I'm stuck between them and a 90mpher stuck up my tailpipe and the other lane is iced over.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fuck. 1245 and I start getting hunger headaches and gnawing pain in my stomach. I may go grab something at one of the Mexican food joints next door. If I'm not back in 3 hours, assume I froze to death....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I was on Garfield, not Ward, and have no intentions of going on Ward. I'm pondering a trip to the grocery store tonight, but I'm sure I'll talk myself out of it once I go outside again.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Fuck. 1245 and I start getting hunger headaches and gnawing pain in my stomach. I may go grab something at one of the Mexican food joints next door. If I'm not back in 3 hours, assume I froze to death....
    No freezing to death! I'm about to walk home for lunch (y'know, through the building and across the street).
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

The Mexican food joint was literally just across the alley, so I was fine. The asado was good, but seeing as how (for the first time in memory) I didn't finish my meal, hunger wasn't the issue. My headache's been getting progressively worse since I went outside too.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Great, and the roads are getting worse between here and home too... I just hope the treal nastiness stays away from 385 untli after dark (because come hell or high water, I'll be Odessa by dark.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Be careful. BS is stuck in Abilene. His trailer slid and busted the air hose when he was about 500 yards from where he was going to stay for the night.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Oh, jeez. Hope he can get home soon. I know that if 385 gets much worse, I may head home early. I'm really trying not to though.
    My Primal Battle Tome

WTF?! That headache I've had all day in my temples decided in the past 15 minutes that my eyebrows looked like a better place to live. So now I've a headache under eyebrows, right on either side of that little hollow at the back of the head/ neck, and my temples.
    Meditation of the Day, From NK's special Tough Bitch Meditations
    Drama begets more drama. When handed a problem, you have two choices: find a solution and get on with your life, or take it personally. It's generally best for all involved that you quitcher bitchin and get on with your life. Taking it personally, stressing out over little shit, and worry all contribute to two things: nothing and pain. Put your energy towards more useful things.

More meditations to come on an approximate When It Happens schedule.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you need to write a book of Tough Bitch Meditations, make a million dollars, and quit your job.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly