Page 202 of 621 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 202

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lunch: barbecue chicken and ribs. Nothing but meat, that I can tell. No sugar, no glaze, NOTHING. Now if someone could just convince them that coleslaw doesn't have sugar in it...
    ETA: Oh gods, the meat is that orgasmically smoked, fall off the bone, basetd in it's own juices kind too...
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-31-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's too damn cold out there. Also, WTF is that white stuff out on my lawn?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It's too damn cold out there. Also, WTF is that white stuff out on my lawn?
    It's me. I came over for a hi and I melted (it's -30C here).
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

It's 19F here with a windchill of 5F. You should feel right at home. Now get your carcass inside, girlie!
    Lunch: curry omelet
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner: hot over cold. sliced radishes, cuke, pepperoni (nothing that breaks Whole30!), cauli, broccoli, and green bell pepper cooked in bacon grease and olive oil and caramelized in balsamic (no sugar in this one) and a dash of brown mustard, served over bacon, Bibb lettue, romaine, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's too damn cold out there. I live in the desert/ scrublands for a reason, dammit!
    We turned on the fireplace for the first time last night, after using the shopvac to suck the rockwool from the attic out of it. Some days, I really despise the ijits who sold us our house. They half assed everything they could.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Insulation in your fireplace? Bizzare. o_o How'd the fire go after that, OK?

I know cold is traumatic when you're used to it being something other than cold. Sounds annoying!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Nearest we can figure, they were doing something in the attic (God only knows what, we didn't see any evidence that something's been done since the latest roofing job) and it fell/ got shoved into the fireplace. Dunno. Our house was a halfass flip anyways, so this wasn't really a surprise. The fire itself went well. Comforting, etc. Glad we hadn't converted the fireplace to woodburning yet.
    The cold I can tolerate as long as I on't have to be out there longer than to walk from my car to the house and vice versa. It's the idiots who think black ice means slam on the brakes and snow means "Holy shit, do 30" or "Holy Shit, do 90."
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Considering the number of idiots around here who think an SUV = immunity from everything and end up rolling their vehicles or rear-ending people as a result, I think if idiots are going to panic, I'd rather them slow down. It's still annoying but at least it's not so dangerous. (except with the black ice. Those are the same people that don't understand turning into a skid and think they still need to pump their antilock brakes...)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I'm still trying to figure out why the overpasses on the loop in Midland are open. I'm impressed if they managed to salt them well enough, but I'm still not going on them. Crossing the Jal is the extent of air-under-bridge I'm willing to cross...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly