Page 200 of 621 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 200

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Roberta- I'm giving up dairy (again) becuase it does so much bad stuff to me. I swear that dairy has more opiates in it than grains EVER did.
    WnC- Welcome Aboard!
    Today's Etz-
    12 oz ribeye, 1 medium sweet potato, butter, house salad with oil and vinegar, 1/2 Outback brownie (no flour, no dairy other than butter, seemed much like a valentino brownie.) OH, AND I avoided the ice cream!
    Calcs
    2307 Cal
    98 g Carb
    169g Fat
    103g protein
    2.2: 3.0- o3: o6 w/ 1 tsp fish oil (excluding brownie)
    Whole 30? Yes, except for a few shreds of cheese I couldn't get out of my salad, and likely sugar in the brownie. D'oh!

Enjoyed dinner and hottubbing/ yakking with Twibble. It's get to get out of the house and your own head every once in a while.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-28-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is online now Senior Member
    Your foodz makeh me JALOZ!

Sweet potatoes, ribeyez! All I have is canned tuna (/wrists)

Preaching to the choir here about dairy. How can you love it? How can you hate it?... It tastes amazing but it wreaks havoc on ya.
    It's the work of the devil, if only washing it in holy water made it more edible

Naiad, you're bringing out the inner cook in me,
    –A recipe that tastes like brownies
    http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/o...lessgfcake.htm
    If you find a way to sub the sugar, it's heaven...!

Btw, had any coconut icecream? Get on that. Best substitute for dairy icecream.
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Meaty, there's a lot you can do with canned tuna. If you'd give me a list of what all else you have, ese, I can get creative with that.
    Dairy IS a demon, which makes it that much harder to ignore. I'm just gonna have to find the rest of my willpower and power my way through it.
    Looks a lot like you could just leave out the sugar in that recipe altogether with no ill effects. The meal was actu at a restaurant with Twibble, otherwise, the brownie would've been a lot healthier.
    If I ever find any coconut ice cream out here in BFE, I'll let you know. Everything I've found has had gratuitous extra unpronounceable ingredients. I tried making it and bombed miserably. I think you do NEED the sugar in ice cream as an antifreeze. Wait. Alcohol would have the same effect. Tequila or rum chocolate ice cream might just work. I need to check the math and a couple other things, but it might just work. Hmmmm
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Looky what I found
    To Whole30ize- change HWC to coconut milk, ????? sugar (may just leave it alone since it comes out to 1/24 c (or 1 tsp sugar) per svg (may also halve it and replace sugar with honey). So it'd become..
    Chocolate Rum Ice Cream
    Serves 6
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup sugar (prior to editing) (It may actually be possible to completely remove this)
    1/3 cup water
    2 tablespoons instant coffee
    1 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate bits
    3 eggs yolks
    2 ounces dark rum
    1 1/2 cups coconut milk, whipped
    1/2 cup crushed pecans and walnuts, toasted
    In a small saucepan, place the sugar, water, and coffee. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Place the chocolate bits in a blender or food processor, and with the motor running pour the hot syrup over and blend until smooth. Beat in egg yolks and rum and cool slightly. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream, then pour into individual serving dishes or a bombe dish. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Freeze. To serve, remove from the freezer at least 5 minutes before serving.
    My Primal Battle Tome

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    There's a recipe similar to that, but includes bananas. Might be able to toss 'em in to replace the sugar.
    Oo, kind of like this one :http://makinglifedelicious.com/2010/...aker-required/

Because of what the recipe calls for you to do with the sugar, I don't think 'nanners'd work. My brain's working overtime right now to replace the sugar. Essentially what you do with the sugar is create a coffee flavored simple syrup that serves two purposes: antifreeze so you can get ice cream instead of a brick, and melding with the chocolate to melt it and create a bit of of body before you add the good stuff. Maybe splitting the sugar half and half with honey or something. I'm thinking's there something there with using a sweeter chip and less sugar, but that may affect the body. OR.. Hey, maybe caramelizing and mashing the banana prior to adding it in will release enough fructose to act as the sugar needed for body. I think I might go with that one.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ah, but if you has the alcohol, you don't necessarily need the sugar. Sugar is there to muck up ice-crystal formation (which is why, once upon a time, I could make chocolate stout sorbet without adding sugar <_<)

In which case, as little sugar as it is, I could quite possibly leave half to 3/4 it out and it'd still work as "ice cream." Or use the caramelized banana...
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nom, nom, that is all I'll say

Dinner: 5 oz butter, 12 oz ribeye steak-medium rare, large sweet tater, house salad w/ oil and vinegar
    Calcs
    1763 Cal
    44 g Carb
    127 g Fat
    95 g protein
    3.9: 4.2- o3: o6 w/ 2 tsp fish oil
    Whole 30? all the way!
    May have CM chai latte later, haven't decided.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-29-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome