Page 190 of 621 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 190

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Another thread gave me an idea for dinner tonight: Homemade spag sauce and veggies. That's homemade as in start with raw tomato and such, with the family recipe. I'll see what happens if it goes into the pressure cooker prior to adding the meat. I think it'll work out, I'll just need to boil out the excess liquid after the fact.
    The "family recipe" for anything is our family is really funny, because it's not a sacred recipe, it changes every generation. My grandfather took out the mushrooms and about half the garlic, my Dad added meat, added the garlic back, certain spices, carrot (to help leach away some of the acidity), I added a LOT of garlic, more basil, more onion, and shallots, and some extra vegetation (zuke, a little spinach, and a couple others.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Either way, sounds tasty to me!
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    YAY spaghetti sauce!!! When's dinner??? (jk....i'm making meatloaf )

Happy Friday, Naiad <3<3<3

I just got told that I'm working enough hours. Even though I busted my ass on that report (and supposedly went above and beyond what they expected,) I should've done it quicker. 8-5 job? They want it to be more like 7-6, with time on the weekends too. They made it an official warning. 3 of those and I'm fired. I don't live to work, dammit. They were trying to hold the idea of eventually managing people over my head like a treat, when, in reality, it's the last thing I want. I want to be able to spend time with my family. I HATE the idea of being management. I'm sitting here trying not to cry because this job is turning into the antithesis of what I want from my career. But there's nowhere else for me to go. No one's hiring right now, not for engineers without PEs and assloads of experience. I'm starting to get that bad feeling again, that "I want out, I want out, I want out, get me the fuck out" feeling. If this is a cue to quit working and concentrate solely on my writing, then the fates need to come up with a way for me to be able to foot the bills while I'm doing that.
    I fucking hate this job.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Sorry NK. I know the feeling and it sucks.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    *hugs*

I'll try to remember to ask my boss on Monday if he knows about any openings for CEs coming up.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

I'll bug you about it tomorrow.
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Breathe
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Hugs <3<3<3

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, I'm doing better now. Hung out with Twibble, Geek, and BS earlier. Had dinner at a thai place (red curry), and hung out at a coffee joint. Had fun. Trying not to think of how much I hate my job.
    Cleaned up the whole damn house this week. As in, it hasn't been this clean since we moved 2.5 years ago. Feelin' good about that.
    Tryin' to find other stuff to feel good about doing, but... I dunno. That warning really threw me for a doozie and I'm having trouble picking my self esteem back up. I busted my ass on that project and was told "you should've done it in a week" and "you've only been working 8-5, we expected more out of you, like 10 or 12 hour days, to impress us."
    Dicks.
    My Primal Battle Tome