Page 19 of 621 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 19

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Debating on IFing or going out...
    ETA: IF. Not hungry, just scatterbrained with 5 umpteenjillion projects.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-29-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I have one uncle that is a year younger than me, another uncle 3 years older, an aunt that is only six years older, and another 3 aunts/uncles less than 10 years older than me.. My father was the oldest of 12.

Eh, that's different. I meant no offense to families like yours. My mother's youngest aunt was 3 years younger than her, so I have no room to talk. I just was referring to the creepy ones where your momma's also your aunt's also your cousin.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    23 hr IF
    Dinner: 3 slices pepperoni pizza, 1 slice of a failed attempt at an egg crust pizza, and some chocolate cake and chocolate blue bell ice cream. This was planned, though. My niece turned 6 and she's within the splurge zone for birthdays. NO MORE WHEAT! My stomach is threatening to revolt. I'll pass on glutinous products until September (my father in law's birthday.) I feel pretty gnarly.
    Drinks: 2x 20 oz Body + mind tea, 40 oz water.
    2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.

Aimlessly wandering around the in- laws' house.

3. Lift heavy things.

sledgehammer 14 min

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    nuh- uh

5. Get lots of sleep.
    6.5 hrs

6. Play.
    a little with my niece, but nothing physical.

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
    Rained most of the day (3/4 in when the average yearly rainfall is 13- 15")

8. Avoid trauma.

Almost flooded out the city pick- up while driving around examining drainage.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    Accounted for and expected, but yes. And I may not eat any of my cake for my FIL's birthday.

10. Use your mind
    Plenty, too tired to to say here. More drainage complaints, more field examination ("yep. It's a field."), more design work.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch: Chinese buffet: 5 slices sushi, 1.5 hard cooked egg, 6 shrimp, broccoli w/ cheese, 1 grilled chicken strip on stick, 1 oz flan (quiet, you, I haven't had it in 17 years), 1/4 pineapple, and some sort of octopus/ mollusk stir fry in a soy free sauce (couldn't taste the salt anyways.)
    Dinner: Chili's: 3/4 bowl chili, 1 romine/ tomato/ cuke salad w/ 1 tbsp vinegar.
    Drinks: Tea. Lots of tea

Shopping+ drainage complaints+sprint breathers= 3.5 hrs

3. Lift heavy things.

sledgehammer 14 min

Did sprint intervals for 15 min. Sprint half a lap, walk 3/4, repeat to equal 3 laps sprinting (~ 1/4 mile sprinted)
    5. Get lots of sleep.
    6.5 hrs

6. Play.
    Went to a school playground. All the gates were locked. Who the HELL locks up a playground?! There's an entrance that's a not a gate, which is how I got in. Fooled around on the monkey bars and swings and slides for half an hour. Almost did a full pull up.

Cloudy all day. Was outside for an hour or so, but no sun.

8. Avoid trauma.
    Managed to ford my car across several road rivers, so trauma averted.

No soy, 1/8 c cooked sushi rice, no other poisons.

10. Use your mind
    More drainage complaints, more field examination ("Yep, you're flooded. And the city can't fix your problem because it's caused by what's on your lot. You fix it."), more topo work.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Favourite Fruit: Starfruit, closely followed by blackberries
    Favourite Cut of Steak: Porterhouse
    Fat of choice: Toss up, depending on the meal: bacon grease, butter, coconut oil
    First PB journal you subscribed to: NSWM's
    How did you stumble on PB: I quite literally StumbleUponed it. I read it, laughed it off. Then I came across it again, this time one of the definitive guides and noticed that Mark listed references and linked to studies. I read through it, did some research of my own, and gave it a shot. 3 weeks later, sufficiently satisfied, I joined the forums
    Your Favourite Mark post: Food pyramids on June 25, 2010
    How many friends did you get into PB: None, yet. Still working on Husband.
    Favourite Primal Activity: SEX!!!!
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Oooh Starfruit is my second favourite fruit in the world!
    And aaaaw, I popped your Primal-journal-subscription-cherry!

*smokes a cigarette*
    Was it good for you, babe?
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Dinner: zucchetti, garlic lover's spag sauce with added garlic, onion, italian sausage, and spices.
    Drink: water
    Supplements: potassium, selenium, magnesium/ zinc, b vitamin complex, vitamin D
    None

3. Lift heavy things.
    Does my head count?

not with that headache.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    6.5 hrs

6. Play.
    See above

Rained most of the day (3/4 in when the average yearly rainfall is 13- 15")

8. Avoid trauma.

Dealt with the fall out from yesterday's (unknown) poisonous object.

Yes.

10. Use your mind
    It's REALLY hard to think through a migraine. I mean really, REALLY hard. Especially a food intolerance headache. I slept with a pack of frozen raspberries on my head most of the morning,and laid in a cool living room most of the rest of the day. It's a pretty nasty headache when it takes excedrin, migraine meds, and an ice pack to dull it enough to sleep. Stupid MSG and/ or soy...
    My Primal Battle Tome

Weenie drainage complaint of the week:
    Guy calls in with a tree limb blocking the alley and a small pond blocking his access to the alley. Transportation removes a branch maybe 3 feet long and 1/4" wide at it's largest diameter (one a 10 year would've had no trouble picking up and playing with.) The "small pond"? My Toyota Corolla doesn't even notice it's there. Maybe 1/4" deep by 2.5' in diameter. Weenie.
    Illegal drainage complaint:
    Local Whole Foods wanna be (Nothing fresh except a half fridge or sorry looking produce) draining to an unpaved alley when their site permit and drainage plan doesn't mention it. Big no-no. That's gonna be an interesting solution.
    I was taken off the topo work (thank the gods, I was getting tired of fighting with Civil 3D to get rid of spikes in elevation that aren't there) and put on "replicate this old set of plans in CAD" duty. Boring as hell, but at least I'm contributing more to the project now.
    It's rained 4 days straight now. we've gotten 3" in the past 4 days. In a place with an average yearly rainfall of 15". To say the area's confused is putting it mildly. It's already been a year for above average precipitation anyways. I think we may break record rainfall this year.
    The migraine from hell is gone. HUZZAH! I can think and participate now! Now to add to my list of no- eat foods: Soy (I was being a bit lax on this, eat a couple tbsp every few weeks), MSG (rules out several restaurants), grains & legumes(duh), heavily processed oils, uncooked cruciferous veggies... Damn, I didn't realize there was that much for me to avoid. It'll be hell to avoid my raw broccoli and strawberries, but I'll make it work.
    My summer appetite is definitely here, even if summer isn't (our high is only supposed to be 80*F.) 18- 24 hr IFs have become somewhat the norm now. I think I'm inadvertently doing the Warrior diet.
    I think I may buy some fabric and replicate my favorite button down shirts from Express, rather than pay the $40- 50 they want. They fit PERFECTLY, and I need more colors.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YAY that the migraine is gone!!!

It's amazing how much better life is, when your head is not exploding. And kudos for finding your triggers
    And it's so cool that you have the skills to replicate your favorite shirts. You're gonna save SO much money, get exactly what you want, and they're going to be SO much better-constructed.

YOU ROCK!!!