Page 181 of 621 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 181

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dinner: pot stickers, hot and sour soup, garlic chicken stir fry
    New Year's treat: homemade sangria (fruit, frozen strawberry puree, merlot, ginger ale)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I hope you feel better soon! Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! Here's to a year that doesn't blow and is free of drama!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Grumblesnarl. I think I may have a sensitivity to pineapple. I love the stuff, but it makes my mouth itch and my throat sore (even when I'm not sick). I may continue to "not remember" this fact when presented with pineapple or, I may actually start avoiding it too. I haven't decided yet, but it's REALLY tasty. Can you tell I'm wiped? (Tired, not drunk. 16 oz wine in 6 hrs means I didn't drink enough to even get buzzed.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Slept for a solid 12 hrs, thanks to Nyquil.
    Dinner: 12 oz medium prime rib, cheese fries, salad.
    Christmas turtle
    Today's Macros:
    59 g carbs
    100 g protein
    163 g fat
    2335 cal
    dairy? (cheddar cheese and blue cheese dressing)
    O3: O6- 1:1
    Last edited by naiadknight; 01-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

New Guidelines!
    1) Drop the dairy and back away. I went completely back on the dairy train and need to drop it again, damn it!
    2) More vegetation= more carbs. Back up to 50 g carbs per day without tubers.
    3)Start watching omega 3 balance again. 4:1 (o6: o3) balance minimum, 1:1- 2:1 preferred. This means getting back in the habit of the fish oil.
    4) Lunch time IFs and bodyweight workouts at the office and daily pull- up/ chin-up work at home.
    5) Lunchtime walks. This means keeping the VFFS/ flat soled shoes in the car. Start flat sprinting back and forth across roads to get in sprints.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year, Naiad!
    Sorry you're not feeling well---get better soon. Cause this is going to be a year which doesn't blow at ALL

And I could use some copy machine ballistic maintenance tips for the one I have at work. I almost put a bullet it in a couple of nights ago.

It wasn't the copy machine's fault. It was just an innocent bystander. My computer is too short on memory to do what I needed it to, so it's my work computer that made a very powerless enemy. Unfortunately, it's a matter that percussive maintenance won't work on. I'm sure that it'd make me feel good to take it out to an abandoned field and make it turn into tiny pieces, but then I'd be SOL for getting stuff done. oh well.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I had one of those funny moments that make you really think during dinner. We were sitting in a booth at the restaurant, the kind where the two sides are joined for two different tables. There was this little blond boy (maybe 3 or 4) that kept standing up and poking his head over the booth to say hi and tell me about stuff. This happens occasionally and normally I wave or say hi and make eye contact and generally acknowledge but don't encourage the kid. I did the same thing, but when I made eye contact and the kid blushed and ducked his head, it kinda zinged home that I've pretty much healed the damage caused emotionally by the drama growing up. I can think about kiddos without mentally berating my parents or fighting myself on how badly I may or may not have fucked my sisters up. I can actually comfortably think about having kids in the future without feeling like I rushing from one set of kids to the next. I can't say going primal did this, but I do think that having a healing/ healthier body encouraged me to deal with the mental fungi that had been hanging around.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you just need a random bustable object to take out to a field and destroy with a bat then, for therapeutic purposes!

Interesting RE: the mental fungi. Glad it's positive! That sounds like a lot of healing and progress.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."