Page 171 of 621 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 171

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Uhhh.... look closer. That character is going gaga over the ginormous wrench she's holding.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    It's for the sake of science

Eats yesterday- 4bucks spinach quiche without the crust, eggnog latte; pork loin, white rice, and 1 guiness at the party last night; Boston Cream Pie ice cream when I got home.
    Even with the overload Friday and the rice and dairy last night, my belly actually has the swimsuit model look (minus the linea alba). WTF?! I've been angling for that for YEARS and it shows up after two carb and dairy nights, and GAINING back to 123 lb? Oh well, I've got what I've been aiming for! I guess I can switch to maintenance plan....
    In the wrods of every Mexican futbol commentator known to man:
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I ran an experiment on myself today. I wanted to see what all the bad stuff does to me.
    Responses
    1) Never again.
    2) a general BLEARG feeling
    3) depression is trying to come back (known side effect of sugar)
    4) headache
    5) ear twinges
    6) racing heart
    7) racing thought
    8) cottonheadedness
    9) fingers are shaking
    10) ADD is back with a vengeance
    11) abdomen literally hurts from the flour expansion, 2 hours after the fact.
    12) bursitis is back
    Ouch! Wow. That's scary.

Our original plan, right after college, was to have no more bills each month than one of us could pay, just in case one lost their job. So far, we've kept it that way, including house payment, student loans and all that. It would've been a VERY tight existence doing that back then, but we could've, if we needed to. Even back when I got laid off, that was our fallback for after all our savings were drained.
    Excellent plan

Even with the overload Friday and the rice and dairy last night, my belly actually has the swimsuit model look (minus the linea alba). WTF?! I've been angling for that for YEARS and it shows up after two carb and dairy nights, and GAINING back to 123 lb? Oh well, I've got what I've been aiming for! I guess I can switch to maintenance plan....
    In the wrods of every Mexican futbol commentator known to man:
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Woo Hoo! Congratulations!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Even with the overload Friday and the rice and dairy last night, my belly actually has the swimsuit model look (minus the linea alba).
    You are dead to me.

Y_Y
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Thanks, y'all!
    I guess I need to set some new fitness goals now that I've my physique goal, huh? Well, here's my new one:
    Be able to participate in the Ninja Warrior Challenge and not embarrass myself. Long term goal? Total domination of Ninja Warrior.
    Baby steps. First goal: full unassisted pull- ups and getting enough explosive power to jump much higher than I am now (will measure my jump and running jump height later to determine goals there), as well as monkey bars work.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Unassisted pullups sound awesome... someday!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

No joke, Minxxa.
    Today's WoW gave me an idea, I'm gonna hafta get creative to see if I can do it without injuring myself. Two different brilliant ideas, one based on when I was (much) younger. One involves getting across the backyard with no time on the ground. Stay on the fence, the trees, the roof, anything but the ground. That one's kinda not gonna work though because the fence is walkable (cinderblock.) The other is getting through every piece of playground apparatus without touching the ground. That one'd be fun, if I can find one with the stuff placed close enough together.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch: 1 piece chocolate pecan fudge (made my teeth hurt), BAS with romaine, green leaf, 1/2 avocado, 6 oz ribeye, asparagus, cuke, apple.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner: 1/2 of a freezer burned hotlink, 1 hot dog, canned chili, sharp cheddar, 2 eggs fried in garlic brown butter. Bachelor chow night.
    My Primal Battle Tome