Page 17 of 621 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 17

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    there's no such thing as too cynical and bitter.

at least once you reach my level of metabitter.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm pretty cynical myself, but the guys I work closely with seem to see no light, no happiness in anything except darkening the office and getting drunk. I went to college with one and some experiences after college really fucked with his mind. He's not really twisted enough or dark enough for the Dark Side, just bitter because his life didn't go exactly as planned.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Don't ever let them make you bad about being happy...

All y'all,
    I've been reading GMH today. It brought my mind back around to a very dark time in my life. Feel free to stop reading now, but I really need to tell someone other than my husband about this.
    I was in HS. My mother was an apathetic, abandoning depressive; my father was an alcoholic who was free with the physical abuse under the guise of punishment. I had just failed tests in two of my favorite classes, one of my best friends chose the robotics team (cool kids in that school, don't ask) over hanging out with me, and come home to my mother having run away again and my father hitting anything in range. I went and hid in my room I shared with my sisters in a little corner I called my own. I had a knife in one hand and the cordless phone in the other. I called my best friend to say good bye. Instead, the words that came tumbling out of my mouth were "[Friend], I've got a knife in one hand and I'm looking at my wrist. Talk me out of it." He spent the next 3 hours talking me out of it. I now bear a scar on my right wrist (I'm left- handed) I gave myself to remind myself of that day. I found out (much) later that he had been planning on hanging himself later that week and our conversation gave him a path forward and a reason to exist. He later told me that he fell in love with me that day. We dated for a while, but it got strange, and we broke up, vowing to stay friends.
    Said friend later was set to be my man of honor at my wedding. He got a job offer for the time in months after being laid off. Catch was, his first day was my wedding date. I told him to "Go on, do what you've gotta do. I'll get you photos. Your survival is more important than you being at the wedding. " His wedding gift was something he created himself: a set of wooden goblets (he coordinated with my father to pull the limbs from my favorite tree in their backyard)with silver accents.
    I haven't spoken to him in a while, but everytime, we do, we slip back into the old modes, codes, and patterns from HS.

I've never had much by the way of friends, but the 6 total I've had over the years (with the exception of the one that turned into an emotionally abusive asshole of a boyfriend) have more than made up in quality for the lack of quantity. They've been there through my roughest times, and, in 3 cases, I would not be typing this today without them. The results: I married one, 2 others saved my life, 1 talked me into getting tested for depression, 1 I lost track of after elementary school, and one I no longer call friend. Not too shabby a record.
    I'd be honored to call some of y'all "friend" or "partner in crime," should we ever meet in person.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fud:
    B: 2 handfuls sour cherries, 1 tbsp goat cheese
    D: 12 oz NY strip, 1.5 c strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries grilled in coconut oil; 2 jalapeno poppers (cheddar sausage version), 1 mushroom popper (cream cheese), 3 tbsp cheddar
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Naiad,

Thank you so much for sharing that story.
    I would be honored beyond belief to be your partner in crime someday, beautiful lady

The world works in strange and beautiful ways, sometimes, doesn't it?

1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    Dinner: 1 cup ground beast spag sauce, 3 egg omelet with 1 oz left over shrimp, 1 oz left over beef, leftover 1/2 jalapeno, 4 tbsp salsa, 1/4 cheddar. I tried a Fazoli's breadstick earlier, but the texture didn't jive well. My stomach didn't like the idea either

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Some. Laundry, dishes, wandering around my in- laws house...

3. Lift heavy things.
    Off day, unless you count lifting a laundry basket and hangers
    4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    kinda... I was sprinting earlier when I gathering laundry and getting ready for my shower.... I had to flame off some energy.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    13.5 hrs

6. Play.
    Not really

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
    Heavy cloud cover + sleeping til 1630 is not conducive to getting sunlight.

8. Avoid trauma.

yeah.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    breadstick, call it my 20%

10. Use your mind
    Not really
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    5. Get lots of sleep.
    13.5 hrs
    *blink blink*

*blink blink*

wow.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I needed it. I was zonked from the past several days of being sick/ stress at work/ not being able to sleep.
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I needed it. I was zonked from the past several days of being sick/ stress at work/ not being able to sleep.
    ah, yes...a sleep deficit'll do that to ya.

thanks for sharing your story. I'd hug you but I know you're not very touchy feely

Whatever. *hugs naiad anyway*

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order