Page 169 of 621 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 169

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OH! I bought Geek a coupla minor gifts yesterday, including 2 neoprene face masks for when he's out in the field and it's balls freezing cold. 1 is reversible: black on one side, a print of a zombie face (complete with scratches and stitching and green skin) on the other. The other is a black full face (both are full face, actually) with a 360* fleece bib that'll tuck into his shirt/ coat. It reminded me of ninja gear, which is why I got it for him.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    zombie ninjas..... sweet.

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    zombie ninjas..... sweet.
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I also did Ritual last night. My place and position at this job had me confused as to where I sat and what I needed to do first. Sought clarification and guidance. I started carrying my Lord/ Chaos and Goddess/ Light stones with me as a tactile back to the ritual and connection to each.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DAMN, it's fecking COLD in this office. if I had balls, they'd be snowballs. My hands are threatening to turn into icicles. This is WITH my space heater on full blast.
    ETA: Somebody revoke my geek status. My space heater was blasting cold air because some idiot had reset the damn thing and din't bother to reset the heater setting, so it was on fan.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 12-10-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    DAMN, it's fecking COLD in this office. if I had balls, they'd be snowballs. My hands are threatening to turn into icicles. This is WITH my space heater on full blast.
    i gotcher cold right *here*.

also, i thoroughly enjoyed watching you spread non plaguebearing hugs throughout the forum. that was awesome.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    i gotcher cold right *here*.

also, i thoroughly enjoyed watching you spread non plaguebearing hugs throughout the forum. that was awesome.
    What? People don't need to catch the plague because they need a hug. Thanks.
    My Primal Battle Tome

For those still nosey abt that big decision I was talking abt a while back, here's the situation and the resolution:
    Geek was offered a position at the company his company contracts to. It would have been a SIGNIFICANT raise (2-3x what he's making right now), same job, and a guaranteed raise every year, but he would have been home even less than he is now. He took the offer to his company and said "what can you do about this?" He got their response just now: "we can't match it, but we can offer you 40% more and everything remains the same, except that we'll give you more information than we have been and we'll try to give you more time home." The decision was easy, once we heard the counteroffer. He's staying with his current company.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Nice!!! Talk about a bargaining chip!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    That is a NICE counteroffer. That's great! I can see how that would be a big decision. Glad you're at a point in your lives where Geek can afford to stick with having more time home instead of having to go for the huge money. (though 40% is nothing to sneeze at!) WIN.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."