Page 161 of 621 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 161

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I took 2 of those raw thyroid dingi. It actually seems to be working better than my levothyroxine did. I'm alert, but not hyper, able to concentrate better, I don't have the cotton headed feeling, energetic, but not overly bouncy. My moods seem better stabilized, but that also has something to do with finally getting my Me Time. Still chilly, but I think that has more to do with the insulation fat I've lost over the past year. It's nly day one, and on thyroid/ mood meds, day 1 is either euphoric or absolute hell. Not so on this. Just seems to make my body work better so far. I'll be able to know whether I'm having that day 1 euphoia or not tomorrow.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    I remember when I first read through your thread, you saying something about how you always have guy friends because it is hard for you to like/relate to/get along with other women. (If I am making this up because I've confused you with someone else, please ignore this ramble - or tell me, and I'll delete it!)

But I just got off the phone with my one (and only) girlfriend. She has a lot of guy friends herself, and likes to joke around and goof around a lot and do 'activities' like camp or hike when we get together, so I have been able to keep her as a friend. Whereas any other time when I have a girlfriend, they just always end up having some drama fit, or becoming really boring after they get married and all they want to talk about is Pottery Barn, or in the end, I just never really connected that well with them because I just don't care about what they care about (and they don't care about what I care about).

So this GF, the only one I've managed to hold on to, is engaged to be married in July. Now keep in mind that we have been close for several years, I have been through several of her breakups with her, each year we take at least a couple of trips together, and I drive out to Oakland almost 100 miles to see her as often as I can. Sounds like a good, grown-up friendship, right? Well, today she tells me that she is not going to have me be in her wedding, because I'm not that 'available' to her since I don't call to catch up every week, and we see each other only every couple of months.

This really hurts my feelings, since she is my closest/only girlfriend and I definitely planned on being on her wedding, and her being in my wedding. See, THIS is exactly why I am never friends with other women. They pull this shit. My guy friends would never exclude me from their weddings, probably for any reason, but certainly not because I was unavailable and didn't call them enough.

Really? THIS is the standard for chick friendship? No wonder I can't meet it. I hate to talk on the phone, and I prefer only to communicate with my friends in person, and that while we're doing something fun, preferably. I thought she felt the same...

Sorry for the rant on your page, instead of mine. Ack, I got my feelings hurt. Somehow, when a guy does something kinda 'off,' I figure he's just clueless and I don't worry about it. But with a chick, I know it's not lack of awareness ... it's drama. Blech.

OK, vomit over. Hope your day was a LOT better than mine.
    Last edited by jazmin; 12-04-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Jazmin, honey, what you just described fits my experience with most femmes to a T. I got dropped by several chick friends over the stupidest crap: "Why can't you talk on the phone for more than 10 min" (Get on phone, exchange necessary info, get off phone. No point in dragging it out.), "why won't you date my brother's best friend?" (he's not my type, get over it), "why won't you go shopping with me" (I despise clothes shopping), "why do you want to spend more time on you engineering homework than me" (this little thing called graduation), cheating on my guy friend and then wondering why I took his side.... you get the idea.
    I had my 2 best guy friends (including my man of honor), bow out of my wedding at the last second. College Guy came down violently sick (as in, getting out of bed to go the bathroom is a major event) so driving 12 hrs to my wedding wasn't an option. Completely understandable. Dallas Guy (man of honor), finally managed to land a decent job after 6 months of unemployment and was required to start the day of my wedding. Again, completely understandable. The only non family chica in my wedding was someone I'd been friends with since sophomore year of HS. She bowed out because it was a completely secular wedding, no religion involved (she's HEAVILY Christian, I and Geek are our own brands of spiritual/ agnostic.) shunned me up until a few weeks ago over it, too. WTF?? That makes NO sense. Don't impose your religion on me and then shun me because I won't play by your rules.
    I dunno. I can't wrap my head around most femmes. I'd go to the ends of the earth for my guys, but females and their idiosyncrasies just don't make since to me. I may be female, but I'm not a "girl." I'm one of the guys. DR has a similar thread going in hers. I've never understood the chicks who do a 180 to catch a guy. Eventually, you'll HAVE to show him you, and then it'll fall apart. why not just be yourself and not play silly little games. I've also never uderstood that whole Rules BS. Head games are stupid, and completely S&M (and not in a good way, either) in a relationship. I dunno. I guess I'm just too much like a guy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    SRSLY!!!!

(Get on phone, exchange necessary info, get off phone. No point in dragging it out.)
    The best. If I must talk on the phone, that's my ideal phone convo.

(he's not my type, get over it)
    Nothing worse than a guy another girl wants you to date.

(I despise clothes shopping)
    This does NOT qualify as a fun activity for us girls to do together. Why would we waste our precious time off on something so tedious?

(this little thing called graduation)
    Right??? She said to me today, "I know you're in law school and everything, but...." F yeah, I'm in law school! It's the hardest thing I've ever done. (Three of BF's cousins are engineers, and I have to say, though, that there is no way I could have survived that degree, not to mention the licensing exams. Not a chance.) And yet still I have made special efforts to see her in the last year for that very reason, so I wouldn't get blamed for being all caught up in school.

That is sooo lame about the religious friend who shunned you for so long over something so irrelevant to friendship. I am glad that she has seen the light though! Hopefully that will never happen to you again.

I've also never uderstood that whole Rules BS.
    THE RULES! That crap is the worst. It's all about how to F with the minds of the drama girls to get them to sleep with you. So guys do this crap, then complain that women are crazy byotches. I'm like, yeah, well, the kind of women you get with stupid mind games are. If you want a sane/fun/interesting woman to date, then you have to act like she is another person and not try to trick her with your little Rules.

Ahhh, thanks for listening/commiserating. It's nice to talk with someone who understands non-girly girlishness...

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with you both... I find that chicks can frequently be so... Tedious, as friends. Soooooo much investment in drama and "omg why doesn't he know what to do can't he read my mind?"

Haven't we had enough years of civil rights now that women can finally get out of this cultural habit of being catty and manipulative by default? We don't have to solidify our power base through social maniplations like that anymore... What's wrong with just asking for what you want -- or taking nice, simple constructive steps to get it on your own? Aaagh.

And all the drama about weddings and baby showers and competing with each other in endless bitchy ways and etc.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Eh, I'll just hang out with my guys and my "female guys." True femmes need not apply.
    My Primal Battle Tome

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Thanks, Batty! You really made my day with that.
    I'm still tinkering, trying to get Cthulthu to look more demonic chibi, which is turning out pretty difficult, so to hear folks say they like him as is really does good things for me. It's just that part of me that says it's not done until it looks like what i saw in my head, so the Great Cthulhu isn't done yet. He's just "done enough to be serviceable and get the point across."
    christmas definitely needs more cthulhu! we got boog the cthulhu hand puppet for his first christmas.

although, when i saw your stocking, i said AWH! and i am not sure that's entirely appropriate

and i gotta echo everyone elses sentiment about hanging out with the GuyGirls. i burp, i fart, i rarely wear heels and my fingernails are dirty all the time. not exactly femme material. heh, probably why we all get along here.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    christmas definitely needs more cthulhu! we got boog the cthulhu hand puppet for his first christmas.

Awwwwwwwww

although, when i saw your stocking, i said AWH! and i am not sure that's entirely appropriate
    Eh, I was trying to make him somewhat chibi cute, so it's good that you went "AWH."
    and i gotta echo everyone elses sentiment about hanging out with the GuyGirls. i burp, i fart, i rarely wear heels and my fingernails are dirty all the time. not exactly femme material. heh, probably why we all get along here.
    True, Bats. Most femmes tend to give me a dirty look when I act like a guy. Most guys love it when I act like a guy. I always love it when I can find another female Guy. Finding this many in one place is a true blessing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Brunchish meal: banana bread pancakes topped with PB friendly raspberry jam (ingredients: raspberries, concentrated grape juice, lemon juice, pectin.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Christmas at the Knight House (until we get the tree):
    Attachment 2515
    Full shot of set up
    Attachment 2516
    The Christmas Twig nestled up to my aloe (inside for the winter)
    Attachment 2517
    Geek's Cthulhu Stocking
    Attachment 2518
    My Flying Spaghetti Monster Stocking
    You guys rock!

Then I notice you have my coffee maker. lol (Well, it will be mine when amazon delivers it)
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.