Page 148 of 621 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 148

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Probably smart to IF before a presumably-huge Thanksgiving feast like that! Might make it more enjoyable despite the pep-rally aspects of the Official Company Party.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Jenny, I'm actually not IFing. It's liable to have grains EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't be surprised if they battered and deepfried the turkey. So I'll eat lunch and have a primal snack before I leave.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks, Bone!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Oh, whoops -- misunderstood, then!

A breaded turkey. Wow. Mind-melting concept... Ugh.

Yeah. THat's why I had that breath taking Caldo de Res again for lunch. The potatos were whole enough this time that I could fish them completely out.
    Do we have any DFW area folks that read my journal? Anyone that'll be in DFW the Friday after Thanksgiving?
    My Primal Battle Tome

The party was actually better than anticipated, by far. You get these folks out of the office and they really loosen up. Or maybe it was just me losing the cool professional exterior for awhile. Or maybe it was the stiff margaritas and the red wine. Either way, it didn't go half bad.
    Dinner: 6 oz frozen margarita (20%),3 sips red wine (PB semi approved), a cubic ass ton of roasted turkey, Southern green beans (needed more bacon), mashed taters (had the lumps and the skin, so I think it was from scratch, PB semi approved), canned cranberry sauce (20%, I love the stuff), tres leches cake (an eensy weensy slice (1/2" X 1"), still can't turn that down, 20%), and the innards of a slice of pumpkin pie (PB approved + sugar). Not bad, given that I was expecting much, much worse.
    My Primal Battle Tome

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Yay! I am glad to read that you survived the party. We had our Thanksgiving Feast today too, and I didn't do half bad

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a party I could go to and have a chow without a constant sneer on my face while eying the food. Glad you had a good time!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Oh, there were rolls, and cornbread stuffing and other SAD approved Thanksgiving things. But I loaded my plate(s) down so heavy with the savory fuds that no one asked where my rolls/ stuffing/ whatever were. Probably just figured it was under everything else.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's eats:
    1 venti Americano
    2 oz pork rinds (not chicharonnes, pork rinds)
    Genghis Grill
    My Primal Battle Tome