Page 135 of 621 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 135

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome job feeding that beautiful machine <3<3<3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've been here all of a week and I'm already teaching my boss stuff. WTH? Granted, FEMA legalese takes some serious brainpower to parse, let alone grok, but even so. He works with so many cities and didn't know the NFIP regs? Or even what the NFIP was?
    (For those utterly clueless: FEMA is the disaster management part of the government, including flooding, my specialty. NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) is FEMA's arm that controls most of the legal stuff and help when it comes to flooding and prevention thereof. In order for your citizens to have access to flood insurance, you must be a NFIP participant.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like they have hired the right person!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

So apparently, today is a trip down memory lane. Churches when I was little in Batty's journal, high school fun on facebook, talking with a cousin I haven't seen in a coon's age on FB... All that's left to finish this trip is for an aunt on the other side of the family schism to acknowledge my FB request.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Wow... that's all very cool. It's funny when all this comes down at the same time.

And I think they definitely hired the right person! Teaching the boss... that's always impressive. We had a conversation just today at work about the boss guy coming in and asking silly questions. Actually he's the accountant guy, but damn it, he's been there for ten years. He ought to know where we put the epoxy at least. Sheesh. Makes you wonder sometimes how they get paid more than you, huh?

Yeahhh... In his defense I was hired because I knew so much of the water end and they were kinda learning as they went along. But it's still scary when you're teaching a PE how to do engineering stuff and you're not even eligible for your PE for 1.5 years.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'm thinknig IF for dinner. I'm not really hungry right now, still full from lunch. Yeah, I only hit 40g carbs, but ym body can take some of the 80g from yesterday to make up the difference.
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    24 hour dual IF in nearly the most southern point and nearly the most northern point... pretty close to longitudinally aligned-GO!

And it was true, all of it... every word

and, by the way, you are super smart so i am not even surprised about your non-PE mind training a PE boss' mind

Good night Naiad!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Y'kow how I said IF for dinner? I lied. apple pancake again: 1 apple, 4 eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, 1/4 c CM, 2 tbsp CO, and 2 T pecans
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    haha... we both lose. or win... depending on perspective!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/