Page 131 of 621 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 131

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Joe, it's a sideways heart. As in "love."
    Thanks for all the well wishing, guys. As of right now, it's more irritating than anything. The ick feeling is negligible at the moment, I'm still hocking up crap, I still have that post nasal clogged feeling, and my nose still switching back and forth between being a faucet and being jammed tight.
    As to the job, I think I may have found a decent place. I have a tea towel with 20 of the Murphy Laws on it and have attached several buttons with sayings like " Not a morning person doesn't even begin to cover it," and "Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?" One of my new bosses walks in and sees it tacked to the wall. "Ah, Murphy's Laws." "Yep, I'm a firm believer." "You'll fit right in here."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Oh and by the way about the nose throat gunk last 2 weeks - My office is packed with it. At the worst cases I throw some antibiotics and steroids at it to shrink it all down but honestly for the life of me I can't figure it out. It would seem viral by history and associated complaints but looks very much allergy related on physical exam...
    This is indeed some crazy stuff GC got seriously sick two weeks ago (as in, 216-sick), and he's still not 100%. I put this down to his little Petri Dish of a son, who has just started Kindergarten this year. But I've had two instances of "fighting something off" during the same time period, and I'd expect that once would be enough for a virus? Hopefully we'll all be past it, soon---whatever the f**k it is.
    ICK.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Ah, Murphy's Laws." "Yep, I'm a firm believer." "You'll fit right in here."
    And they're SO lucky to have you

Dinner: leftover Genghis grill and an experimental curry. Said curry contains bacon, sardines (picked 'em up at the HEB. Remind me of a fishier tuna), garlic, onion, green bean, tomato, coconut milk, chicken broth and yellow curry powder. It could stand some tweaking, but it tastes decent as is.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    (as in, 216-sick)
    Yay I'm famous! oh wait... I'm famous for getting sick.

well, that DOES seem accurate.

Hope you kick is swiftly Naiad!

The fact that it's just hanging out at this stage and hasn't tried to turn into something worse is a major plus in favor of primal, I usually caught everything and turned it into an URI.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    I can honestly say, since cutting out the bulk of my grains, I don't get sick any more. As in, no sinus infection in almost a yr...no, over a yr. And those always turned into a URI.
    Something else, I stopped cereal/milk daily at that time...and no issues since. But if I drink a milkshake, I get phlegmy.

Get well...
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Why, oh why, do I always flop on Sun night? I even ate before I went over to my in-laws. Had some chorizo and beans, a slice of cake (it's really hard to turn down cake when a 7 year old slices it herself and hands it to you), and then some ice cream when I got home. Funny thing is, even after all that, I fell BETTER today than I did yesterday (aside from some minor bowel rumblings.)
    Back on track.
    Forgot my lunch, apparently, I'm IFing today through lunch.
    Dinner will be a T-bone, some Brussel sprouts, and some other vegetation.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Hi Naiad!

Hope you are feeling 100% today!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh boy, specs and contracts. Just THE most exciting work.... At least it beats copying old plans into AutoCAD.
    My Primal Battle Tome