Page 13 of 621 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 13

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mmmmm I need to hunt me down some goat. Goat gosht. *mops up saliva* Sorry
    Oh, to be back near...how can I phrase it.... popular areas to conclude immigration

Your clafouti looks well cute, mine rose like a soufflé and promptly got scorched loving the simplicity though.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't think I whipped mine enough. It rose some, but never really puffed up. It has more of a quiche texture than a clafouti texture. Still good. That and I'm not sure what baking it in a cast iron skillet did to the risabilty....
    I gotta admit, living in West Texas has it's perks, foodwise. If it's something the natives from Texas, Mexico, the Oklahoma panhandle, the Gulf, or New Mexico eat, it's available. There's nothing like being able to ask for chicaronnes instead of chips at your local Tex- Mex joint, eating true barbecue (complete with smoke ring) just up the street, telling a steakhouse you want your steak ultra-rare ("show the cow an unlit match") and watching them oblige (not me, a friend), having a farmers market where goat cheese, goat meat, loads of veggies, and grass fed beef are considered a "small" market, and herbs grow like weeds once planted. Oh yeah, I ain't movin'.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-12-2010 at 01:15 PM.

1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
    L. 1/3 apple berry clafouti
    D: 3 oz sirloin, 1 cherry tomato, 1/8 bell pepper, 1 c steamed broccoli w/ 2 tbsp butter, 1.5 romaine, 1 tbsp caesar dressing, 1 tbsp parmesan
    Treat: Venti whole milk chai latte
    Dessert: 6 oz nonfat (grrr) greek yogurt w/ 2 tbsp choc chips and 1 walnut.

2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
    Walked to health food shop and back for castile soap, about a mile.

3. Lift heavy things.
    Nope.

4. Run really fast every once in a while.
    Sprinting across an arterial street and two minor collector streets.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    12 hrs

6. Play.
    Nothing physical. LAN gamed for 4 hrs with my husband and friends.

7. Get some sunlight everyday:
    2000 IU Vit D + walk to and from store.
    8. Avoid trauma.
    That's why I sprinted across the arterial.

9. Avoid poisonous things.
    Aside from the sugar, yes.

10. Use your mind
    Trying to beat the AI in 40K on insane on the hardest map. Those freaking invisible Eldar are irritating. That and trying to wrap my mind around how the guys (the aforementioned friends) think. There's some wacky shit up there....

D: 6 oz slow cooked brisket w/ 6 tbsp salsa
    Dessert: (Husband's birthday) 1/6 8" round cake chocolate fudge and 1/2 c butter pecan ice cream

Not much.

3. Lift heavy things.
    Lifted a 30 lb kid several times and a 50 lb kid 5-6 times.

Playing tag variants with a nearly 6- yo for 15 min.

5. Get lots of sleep.
    9 hrs

6. Play.
    Played on a playground and several variation of tag for 1 hrs.

Playground for an hour.
    8. Avoid trauma.
    Not counting the minute splinter, yes.

No, but chocolate poison was tasty.

10. Use your mind
    Trying to decipher a 5 going on 8 yo's mind, dredging up old elementary school games from memory and making them slightly more PC.

I'm running a few experiments on myself: I picked up some of the Dr. Brommer's castile soap (almond) and have been using that with scrubby gloves. It seems to work really well, I rather like it. It's also a REALLY faint scent, which I love. I've also started using coconut oil in place of lotion, which works amazingly well, with the added bonus of a faint toasted coconut smell. I also started brushing my teeth without toothpaste, which seems to be helping with not only the sensitivity, but how clean they feel as well. I still use my tongue scraper, so I'm not concerned about bad breath. My husband has also commented that he likes the way things have changed anyways. My hair seems to really like only being washed once/ twice a week and not using hair ties (I bought two pronged hair stick at the Ren fair and use it.) I actually don't even have to use conditioner any more.
    I'm not stressing about my boss's boss either. The nature of the beast is that he'll hang himself by his own noose or relent to to rushing stream of a busy federally controlled department. His choice, I don't care which. Either way works and he's not fucking with me right now.
    Had two slices of cake and some ice cream last night and paid the price. My stomach let me know right after the second slice that it was unwelcome, irregular, and what- the- hell- is- this- shit? Nothing came up, but it was rather uncomfortable. The cake didn't even taste that great. The frosting was damn tasty, but the cake was kinda bland with a chocolate aftertaste. The ice cream was sweet with an undertone of butter pecan and an aftertaste of chemical (I think it was preservatives, didn't taste like diet.) I may take some berries and whipped heaven to my niece's birthday party so I can avoid the cake.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

L. 2.5 c field greens, 4 grape toms, 4 cuke slices, 4 bell pepper rings, 1 tbsp cheddar, 1 tbsp asiago, 1 tbsp feta, 1 cup chix, 2 hb eggs, 2 tbsp walnuts, pecan, dried cranberries, and raisins, 4 broccoli florets, 2 slices bacon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic.
    D: 1/2 lb beef, 2/6 avocado, 1 slice swiss, 2 tbsp pickled jalapeno, 3 slices bacon, 1/2 c broccoli, 3.5 cheesesticks.

not much

3. Lift heavy things.
    Nope.

nope

5. Get lots of sleep.

6. Play.
    Had plans, mother nature had others. nope

See above.
    8. Avoid trauma.
    Yep

Aside from the cheese stick coating, yes.

10. Use your mind
    Felt fuzzy foggy headed all day. Couldn't concentrate. Had energy, just couldn't concentrate on anything. May sack out here in a bit. I'm OUT of it....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Laziness should be a PB prerequisite. I would rock that shit.
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Dr. found the nodule on the thyroid today. Ultrasound tomorrow.
    IF'd until 4. Ate 1 Babybel, 1 slice pepperjack, 1 slice muenster. Took a nap.
    Woke up, tried to eat
    2 c mustard greens, 1 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/3 lb chorizo, 2 egg, 1/2 avocado. Got maybe a quarter of it down.
    Ate 1/2 c chocolate butter pecan ice cream
    Ate 1 apple, 2 tbsp dark chocolate, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp walnut oil, 1 walnut.
    My Primal Battle Tome

W00t! I have officially absorbed a function that was previously my boss's. I am now officially the stormwater flooding contact person. Translation: If a street, alley, lot, home, or area floods that the city was previously unaware of, it's my job to inspect it and take the requisite corrective action. Add that to my standard duties, and I am the drainage/ flood engineer for the City. It's exactly what I wanted to do when I graduated college. Next step: my PE license. After that, I'm gunning for my boss's job, either here or in another city.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's officially summer: My car's an oven, my office is frigid, my coconut oil is warm liquid, and I've kicked over to summer eating.
    I generally eat less during the summer, which makes it ridiculously easy to IF 24 hr. During the other 3 seasons of West TX (green [lasts 3 weeks], winter, and pecan) I generally eat lunch, but during the summer, I find if I eat lunch, I don't want dinner.
    My Primal Battle Tome