Page 127 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 127

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dinner: 4 c Beef green curry at my favorite little Thai shack. Had green beans, cabbage, broccoli, red bell, bamboo shoot, carrot, zucchini, ginger and baby corn (which I fished out, I detest the stuff) in it. Also had the innards of an egg roll (cabbage and carrot), 2 chicken satay skewers (they did some sort of tasty curry rub on them, which gives me ideas), and 2 bacon shrimpy things. I am full, but not overly so.
    Getting going before the Holidays!
    1)Keep up the avoidance of dairy, including cheese, excluding butter.
    Did it, not even butter today.
    2) Keep carbs over 50g/ day.
    Does right AT 50g count? 'Cause I hit that without trying today (proud me moment)
    3) Lift weights and figure out how to sprint without dying as it gets colder.
    rest day (DOMS is getting better but squatting and push up muscles still don't agree with the idea of a workout)
    4) Make sleep a priority. At least 7 hrs a night, preferably 9.
    Kinda. Fell asleep around 2230, woke up around 1 am for about 5 min, slept again until 10 min before my alarm went off. Call it around 8 hrs total. Best part? I forgot to set my alarm this morning. I woke up early without an alarm. This is HUGE for me.
    5) Keep kcal above 1350, preferably around 1700- 2000.
    Yep, again, without even trying. 1862 kcal, 120g protein, 50g carbs, 135 c fat.

I'm really proud of myself for hitting my food goals without having to force myself or think about it. I really am.
    Today's been a good day. Got to try and figure out how to convert my lat/ longs for the project I'm working on to the Texas REference Marker system (read: bass ackwards ancient maps with nothing on them except TxDoT roads that aren't to scale with mile marker written on them) using a scanned map with 2 reference lat/ longs for the entire area and google maps. That was actually kinda fun. I also got to find out the exact requirements for me (and a coworker) to get a PE in NM and TX. I'm still a year and a half away from even being eligible to take the P&P test, but it's good to know EXACTLY what they want.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    SOOO happy for you Naiad. You are doing great. Good things come to gooder than great people-you are one of them!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as MoJo Manda makes her debut at a meeting ... 1130.

<3

Take care!
    Manda
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Go Manda!!!!!!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I just realized that, because my desk is actually a drafting table now, I'm only sitting about half the time I'm at my desk. I stand the rest of the time.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I may also have found myself a little mom and pop butcher shop maybe a mile from work. Planning on stopping by after work to check them out. There's also a thrift store in town, too. Not a bad town to work in. I'd never live here, but a decent little town to work in.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so happy you've found yourself such a great situation, Naiad.
    Kudos to you!!!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Oh, all kinds of goodies! That's fantastic!

Haha! Love the drafting table/desk. I wonder if I could request one. Not sure it would do much good. My ends would roll off the desk. On the bright side I'd be doing lots of squats and bends!

DR- You DO know that drafting table can lay horizontal to the floor, right? And they make edge guards for them.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch: leftover 5-spice roast
    Dinner: Apple pumpkin German pancake (courtesy Ishfael's basic recipe and tweaked)-> Sauteed apple, covered with 3 eggs, coconut milk, canned pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon baked for 30 min at 350*.
    Getting going before the Holidays!
    1)Keep up the avoidance of dairy, including cheese, excluding butter.
    W00t! Did it again. No butter
    2) Keep carbs over 50g/ day.
    68 g
    3) Lift weights and figure out how to sprint without dying as it gets colder.
    Dammit, forgot to set that alarm.
    4) Make sleep a priority. At least 7 hrs a night, preferably 9.
    I technically made 7, but it was broken. Fell asleep around 1030 (husband wanted to cuddle and talk, I let him), woke up at 1 for 10 min (bathroom), woke up at 5 AM and had trouble falling back asleep. I think I got another 45 min, but it was light and broken.
    5) Keep kcal above 1350, preferably around 1700- 2000.
    Yep, again, without even trying. 1497 kcal, 77g protein, 68g carbs, 104g fat
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Forgot to grab lunch on the way out the door and I'm hanging out with a Officemate (yes, that's his name now, even though he's still at the city), previous boss, her guy, and another guy from the City after work. Alcohol will likely be involved. Hopefully, I can find a simple sugarfree rum or tequila cocktail so I don't hit the Guinness and Oatmeal Stout. I'm really gonna try to skip out on the alcohol today, given that Officemate and former coworker know why I generally avoid the stuff in large quantities. Hopefully, I can convince them to eat or make something PB friendly.

ETA: My boss just told me that I have a lunch meeting today with one of the cities we contract for. Uh- oh.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-05-2010 at 07:46 AM.
    My Primal Battle Tome