Page 120 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 120

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    got the job!!!!! Still negotiating salary, but the job is mine. Start tuesday. Now to pack up most of my slacks and buy more jeans and boots.
    excellent!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    NK I am so happy for you. Its not just the money. Humans were meant to be productive. Now you are back to having an outlet for your technical creativity.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for all the congratulations folks! It's been a very good day. Joe, you're right, as per usual. That's one reason I've been kinda antsy for the past month and a half: no real CE outlet.
    Malling went well, too. Well, kinda. The mall officially carries no work friendly jeans in my size for under $150. I did, however, find out that a size 5 in juniors Levis works equally well, if not better, for my body. A bit irked that my size went up from a 2 (not very much, it IS just a number and a conversion between size types, but it did tug on my pride), but, hey, I can wear Levis again (YESSS!!!) and found some decent work jeans for under $30 a pop (my preferred upper limit). Bought all 2 pairs that they had in my size and the work friendly style. Went to an outlet store and shopped the clearance rack. Got 2 sweaters, a lace t-shirt with satin underpinning, and another t-shirt for under $12. The burnout t shirt cost me all of $0.50.
    Making bacon wrapped chix thighs over spinach, onion, tomato, garlic, zucchini sauteed in olive oil and red wine vinegar.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-28-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

OH! I forgot. I finally broached the idea of PB to Guy Who's Allergic to Everything. He thinks it sounds interesting. Gave him the website and told him I'd let him borrow the book when he comes over Saturday. I may have a tentative convert.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like things are going well for you!

Score with the clearance rack, well done!!!!

Congrats on getting the job too, you will do awesome!

Add chocolate banana ice cream to that, same recipe as before.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Add chocolate banana ice cream to that, same recipe as before.
    Mmmmmmmmm. Trade ya a scoop of that, for some pumpkin-coconut milk ice cream?

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG YOU ARE AMAZING! I am so so so so SOOOO Happy for you!

Thanks for the text! I jumped for joy while in the surgery waiting room today! You rock my love!

And now your idle hands can do their thang like they've been wanting and your brain can get back to work... not to say I am not going to continue to utilize whatever brainpowers you have left...

SOOO GOOD! Yay!

*dance*

Happy day

Ok
    Done

HAppy Friday Naiad!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

batty is offline Senior Member
    hey miss thing, congrats on the jorb! and happy friday yadda. i keep forgetting to log into skype so we can randomly chat.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    The ladies of MDA are always talking about the texts and the Skypes and the PMs. I get the feeling there's this whole chick Mafia thing going on behind the scenes at MDA that none of the men are aware of. More of the mystery that makes women strange and interesting.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.