Page 119 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 119

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't have a pic of the RHPS. My cousin might, but I don't think I let her. the "costume" referred to Halloween this year.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner: Chili's
    chicken fajitas, (chix breast, lettuce, guac, green bell and onion)
    onion and jalapeno deep fried mess (not worth it)

Dessert: Frozen choco pudding
    1 frozen banana, mashed together with cocoa powder and pecans. That hits the spot.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GOT THE JOB!!!!! Still negotiating salary, but the job is mine. Start Tuesday. Now to pack up most of my slacks and buy more jeans and boots.
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Congratulations. That must be a load off your mind and stress level.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    yay! congrats on the employment

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!!

Ah.... jeans.... I'm jealous! We do have a pretty lenient policy where I work, but serious, dressing up to sit in a cubicle all day with nobody seeing me just strikes me as DUMB.

Nice... what a change it will be!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the job!!! Fantastic news
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    GOT THE JOB!!!!! Still negotiating salary, but the job is mine. Start Tuesday. Now to pack up most of my slacks and buy more jeans and boots.

Woooooo-HOOOOOOOO!!!
    <3<3<3

Goat soup for lunch. It had potatos in it, but I fished them out. Goat, goat stock, carrot, onion, cilantro. The stock had cardamom in it and thoat was soooooo tender.
    Salary's negotiated. Slightly less than I was making at the City ($5k/year less), but much better than their original offer, especially with promises of raises with increases in stature (getting my PEs, work becomes viable, etc.) The title is Engineering Project Manager. They said that I would be the person in the office getting things off the ground, coordinating between faces of the company, doing engineering work, and doing various manageresque/ grunt work things to keep things flowing more smoothly than they have been. There was also a tantalizing offer of stepping in as CEO of Engineering once I got my PEs in both TX and NM. I'm walking on air.
    While I was out thrifting/ antiquing with Guy Who's Allergic to Everything I found the perfect anniversary gift for Husband:a Chicago Bears pennant from 1940. For $25. He loves it.
    Alright, off to find clothing and such.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well played, Naiad. Congrats!!!

And the Bears pennant was a SUPER score, too