Page 116 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 116

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    HAppy anniversary!

Congrats on 3rd interview and yeah, it is odd but I have experienced small (esp family) companies having lunches with their wives involved with new hires. Probably also helps men determine the little nuances that they might have missed if their wives hadn't pointed them out

Absolutely do not be picky at all... eat what you can if you have to be non PB for a meal call it 20% and move on.

Missed ya while I was gone!

Manda
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Happy anniversary!!!! And some very wise words.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Avoid poisonous things: Why does every pool hall have to be full of smokers and have the music up loud enough to deafen even the drunkest asshole? Someone could make a mint making a pool hall with a nonsmoking section. It was fun, mostly, but I have a headache from the decibel level and the secondhand smoke. I need to go wash up now, my hair smells like an ashtray.
    I had a fair amount of fun, although finishing that last game was work. He won all the ones he didn't scratch the 8 ball on, just because I couldn't find my groove. I guess I should get some sleep soon for that interview, but I'm still winding down.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone. I'll pass them along to Husband. I get asked all the time if it feels different to be married. They tend to get a blank look with a variation on "Noooo... We dated and lived together for 3 years. Why should something change because of a piece of paper and a couple hunks of metal jewelry?"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary!
    mmmmm....streakhouse.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    GOOD LUCK! <3 Take care!!!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

So, the interview didn't happen. They postponed it and the headhunter REALLY dropped the ball. I called them at 10, after my shower, asking where I was to meet them. They said they'd already contacted the headhunter at 930, asking to move it to meeting them at 1145 tomorrow at the office. I get a call at 1030 (giving me only 30 minutes to get completely ready and out the door) saying they wanted me there at 1145 (as in today.) I passed on what they had told me and he thought I was still meeting them today; he offered to call and confirm. 1045 (15 minuted to get dressed, make up, hair (including blow dryer), jewelry, out the door) I get a call. "Yeah, they do want to meet you tomorrow." I was running on precious little and very poor sleep. I damn near reached through the phone line and throttled him. I then went back to sleep, caught up and got good sleep. I'm doing better now. If I hadn't called them on my own, I would've shown up on the wrong day. Now to work on Husband's costume.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary Naiad!

Hope tomorrow is much smoother than today with the interview stuff. Good Luck!!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So, the interview didn't happen. They postponed it and the headhunter REALLY dropped the ball. I called them at 10, after my shower, asking where I was to meet them. They said they'd already contacted the headhunter at 930, asking to move it to meeting them at 1145 tomorrow at the office. I get a call at 1030 (giving me only 30 minutes to get completely ready and out the door) saying they wanted me there at 1145 (as in today.) I passed on what they had told me and he thought I was still meeting them today; he offered to call and confirm. 1045 (15 minuted to get dressed, make up, hair (including blow dryer), jewelry, out the door) I get a call. "Yeah, they do want to meet you tomorrow." I was running on precious little and very poor sleep. I damn near reached through the phone line and throttled him. I then went back to sleep, caught up and got good sleep. I'm doing better now. If I hadn't called them on my own, I would've shown up on the wrong day. Now to work on Husband's costume.
    Awwwwww...MAN.
    That sux donkey ballz! FWIW, my Background Investigator didn't show up AT ALL for our first appointment. I thought it was a test of my patience or something...but it wasn't Stuff happens...but you will rise above!

Stuff happens, but this is the second time he's dropped the ball on an interview. Tomorrow WILL go better, if only because the headhunter is out of the equation for the moment because everything's already been figured out.
    My Primal Battle Tome