Page 115 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 115

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just realized that usually by this time of year, I'll have had at least one suicidal (without wanting to be) breakdown. PB really seems to be working it's magic. That alone is worth it. Not having to argue with my brain about suicide is a miracle. Doing it without drugs? That's downright wondrous.
    I've also reached a very... I guess you could say "Zen", but that's not the right word... outlook on life. I've always had a variation on "I'll live life as it comes, no regrets," type outlook, but it's much more Michael Valentine Smith. I'm a lot calmer, a lot less excitable,... It's almost like I finally grew into those shoes I put on all those years ago. I've lost that childlike "my world is ending, wahhhhh!!!" I had at one point (don't get me wrong, after some spectacularly shitastic news, I still get that) and finally found that "Well, fuck. Oh well, life goes on." I've been aiming for. I guess the main thing that shifted my perspective was realizing, emotionally, that I don't have be my mother's mother. Between that and watching her fight her own battles at the end of her mother's life, something really caught hold. My life is my own, not to be lived as a barrier, an airbag, or a whipping boy, but to be lived as I see fit. I can learn from others' mistakes (like I did about credit cards from my parents), but I cannot solve others' lives. That's for them to figure out. "Be good" doesn't mean "be a superheroine." It means "Be good."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My life is my own, not to be lived as a barrier, an airbag, or a whipping boy, but to be lived as I see fit. I can learn from others' mistakes (like I did about credit cards from my parents), but I cannot solve others' lives. That's for them to figure out.
    Wow NK you really pinned the tail on the donkey with those 3 sentences.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    +100,000,000
    *is speechless in the face of these profound words*

*Blushes*
    C'mon guys, it's not exactly THAT profound. *kicks pebble*
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I am glad you have found that place! Wise words for us all.

It's our 1st anniversary. We're going to either Red Lobster or The Barn Door (read: expensive steak place), then to a pool hall (many of our first dates happened at the pool hall if they didn't involve a park), then.... we'll go from there. Love to you all, smiles all around, and thou art god. I'll be Bach.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-24-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: It helps to get the name of the steakhouse right.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary, Naiad!!!
    Love to you both <3<3<3

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a great time!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Happy Anniversary!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, y'all. We're home digesting before we go play pool or stargaze.

Dinner:
    1/2 cheddar biscuit
    calamari, deep fried broccoli (discovered I despise deep fried broccoli), 1 mozz cheese stick
    "caesar" salad (romaine, Parmesan, and maybe 2 teaspoon of their dressing)
    1/2 lb snow crab, 6 grilled shrimp, steamed broccoli w/ lemon butter, and stuffed flounder (There was corn in the so- call seafood stuffing)

Macros (according to their website)
    958 kcal
    48 g fat
    62 g carbs
    116 g protein
    waaaaayyyy too much sodium
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-24-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome