Page 114 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 114

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Naiad,

I'd second the salad idea. If you're getting interviewed, you probably won't feel like eating much anyway...
    Salads give you the option of pushing stuff around, and picking out the good stuff

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I don't even know if salad'll be an option. If it is, I will, but Andrews is large town Texas. As in less than 15,000 people.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the success of the interview! As for the lunch meeting, I second Meat's idea of letting them know you are gluten-intolerant, or tell them you have Celiac's disease

If that doesn't work, eat something before you go and then choose something small on the menu that won't be too bad (if you can!). I know how West TX restaurants can be, especially in the towns.

Good luck!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Heh, musta missed that. I'l prob do that.
    Dinner:
    BLT salad:
    1 c spinach, 2 c romaine, 1 small roma tom, 3 slices farmer's market bacon, 10 slice pepperoni fried in bacon grease, 2 eggs fried in bacon/ pepperoni grease, and 1/ c broccoli,1/2 small green bell, 2 tbsp pine nuts, 2 tbsp pepitas sauteed in bacon pepperoni grease.

Pumpkin applesauce
    1 c pumpkin puree, 1 c applesauce, 4 tbsp cinnamon, 2 tsp nutmeg, 4 tbsp pecans

1 banana, 1 plum, 4 Hershey mini's (Damn Halloween candy. I'll be glad when it's gone.)
    I hit over 135 g carbs, but A) I only had 700 cal yesterday and B) insert excuse here.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-22-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    hey NK good for you on the interview.
    However watch out for anything resembling the movie "The Firm".
    "The Firm encourages children ..."
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Tell them you're gluten intolerant. And Mark's war on potatoes is over so it's not that bad :P
    I'm sure you can find something on the menu.

So, in my exploration into the world of nondairy ice cream, I found this. I'm afraid of how much I'd eat if I made this, but it's soooo tempting. Especially once I replace the agave with honey.
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Congrats on the success of the interview! As for the lunch meeting, I second Meat's idea of letting them know you are gluten-intolerant, or tell them you have Celiac's disease
    I strongly recommend against this option.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Aw, FUCK! Unless they take me to a steakhouse in Andrews, which I highly doubt, there is minimal chance of getting something primal or that can be eaten cleanly without having to do a long order.
    No long order

Do I just bite the bullet and eat nonprimal?
    Yup. Just do the best you can from what's on the menu.

Do I make it look like I'm finicky
    Nooooo way.

Do I get the non primal option and disembowel it to make it primal?
    Noooo way.

I'd really really recommend just showing up and ordering something reasonable and just doing the best you can with it. Don't look picky with the ordering, don't be picky with the food on the plate. Just take care of business.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I'm reasonably certain that I should be able to find SOMETHING. I had already decided against the long or finicky order, and had decided to just find the best I could at whatever restaurant they decide on. Even if I hafta leave the PB for one meal, it won't hurt me. I didn't like the idea of being so finicky as to shoot down the preferred restaurant, because that looks bad. I'm trying to look fairly easy going (I usu am) and that doesn't work if I'm shotting down restaurants because they aren't PB friendly.

2:30 this morning: 1/2" cube aged sharp kerrygold cheddar. Apparently, that's still no good, 'cause I'm hocking up a lungful of gunk.
    Dinner: 10 oz ribeye, 4 cheddar cheese fries, 1 caesar salad (only 2 tbsp the soybean caesar dressing, as opposed to them putting on the dressing), 1/2 sweet potato, 6 tbsp whipped cinnamon butter.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    You'll do great, most restaurants you can find something reasonable on the menu, and one meal won't matter to much.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.