Page 104 of 621 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 104

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Window shopping on shopstyle and realizing 2 major things:
    1)My definition of "dress" and "shirt" are obviously very different from the designers: If it barely covers my crotch, it's NOT a dress. If I can't lift my arms without exposing myself, it's not a dress. If a thought of wind shows the world what underwear I may or may not be wearing, it's not a dress. Thank you.
    2) I look best in the 40's, 50's style dress, with a form fitting bodice to the waist and then the skirt beginning and does not cling to my body. Not a paper sack dress, not an empire waist dress, not something that looks like a freaking cocoon. A proper DRESS. Where the hell'd they go? I can find stuff that's too tight, too loose, too shapeless. I've gone through 36 pages and found 8 dresses I'd be willing to try on. Now I know my real problem with shopping: I have a silhouette that no long exists, therefore, no one designs for it anymore. No wonder I can't ever find anything.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    In regards to the dresses, you just have to know where to look (and possibly spend a little more money).
    (and I was going to be super sleuth and give you a link to back this up, but now I can't find it D: )

I found a few, and a couple that I really fell in love with. Including this, this, and this. The real issue, for me at least, is finding something that has a defined waist, no elastic, and that I won't look like a little girl, secretary, or my mother in. That and my size. There's a reason I own only 2 dresses, and one I bought just before the funeral. One's a navy blue ruffle sleeve (the ruffles are the sleeves) wrap dress and the others a black linen A line sleeveless dress with origami work on the bottom in the same material. I think I will (eventually, once I acquire the funds) buy that purple applique dress.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    Hehe, I figured. Although some would disagree. There is a state in which it is legal for women to go topless, not sure which one though...lol
    Wyoming... I know this because I live in South Dakota... Sturgis is in South Dakota... and on one Thursday they drive down to Wyoming to be half naked...

Also-New Mexico if I am not mistaken...

Naiad-Sorry about the creepy old man thing-I recant the statement if that helps the situation at all.. ? no? Either way I am glad you get to spend time with your DH.

I am wearing a tank top and panties... that counts as partially nude right? I will sleep in my barebones... if that counts then naked friday totally happened here!

ANNND... Dresses are hard- have you tried www. modcloth .com? really great stuff (if you are an onliner) Which might be hard for you because you are small. (teeny tiny)

Also-Target has REALLY cute dresses in those styles (Sometimes) ... fyi.

<3

Manda
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

I've drooled at modcloth, just never pulled uot the measuring tape and checkbook. Target has this thing where if it fits everywhere else, it's too big in the sideboob. I love their stuff, but sideboob is one of the harder places to fix. Jacques Penney and Shears are no gos, their sizes do go low enough. Dollars I've gotten lucky at and look everytime I'm in the mall. That's where I got my blue wrap dress.
    My Primal Battle Tome

shannon is offline Senior Member
    it's funny you guys brought up modcloth. i checked 'em out the other day, freakin' adorable not very comfortable ordering clothes online tho. have a wonderful weekend<3
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Shannon-
    I never have. I'm really leery to, too, given how hard it is for me to find clothes that fit in store. I swear, 10 articles of clothing go in to the dressing room, 1, maybe 2 fit and look good.
    My Primal Battle Tome

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    FOUND IT! shabbyapple.com!
    (dun' care for their prices, buuut fun to look at)

How'd you break into my closet!? Seriously, that 1943 collection is AWESOME!
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    THAT is a great site! WOW!!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/