Page 101 of 621 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 101

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    So how did the meringues turn out? They sound interesting. Great job avoiding the DQ too! I am so glad we don't have one here
    +1.
    Yes, please. Do tell?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Not perfect, because I made them too big and didn't bake them long enough. Tasted wonderful though.
    "Recipe"
    In one bowl, mix up 1/2 c pumpkin puree, and nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon (I have no clue what the dose of those were, I was just shaking it into my hand and gonig "eh, that looks good") and 1 tbsp vanilla extract, along with one egg yolk. Chop up some good chocolate nice and fine and mix that in too.
    In another bowl, beat 3 egg whites until stiff peaks. Fold the pumpkin gunk into the egg white. Deposit onto baking pan by rounded teaspoon (missed that), and bake at 300*F until meringue like (25- 30 min, supposedly.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
    I think I might have to make those tomorrow

GEH! I keep hearing something like an ankle popping or something like that. It's not, I swept the whole damn house with the gun (closets and garage too) and there's nothing. It's creeping me out.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sometimes houses make weird sounds at night
    Sounds like you cleared your house thoroughly...probably just joists or something.

(Remind me to tell you sometime about the overnight I worked at the creepy old waterfront building...built out on a pier into the bay...after I had four Red Bulls....)

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    CRISIS AVERTED (Twice in one night) that is pretty impressive my dear.

I am glad you found a way to avoid the dreaded DQness...

And thanks for convincing me I needed sleep... it wasn't perfect but it helped.

<3
    Manda
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

I don't want to be awake. My neighbor's dogs, a yappy threesome of dustmops in search of sticks, wake me up every morning, even through judicious use of earplugs. They stand at a gate that is not 10 feet from my bedroom window that is covered with soundproofing and bark incessantly until 830- 1030, when the idiots let their dogs back in. I can usually get back to sleep, but not today or about 1/2 the days I try to sleep. I tried pounding on their door to talk to them about it, but no one answered. I left them a plainly written note with nothing threatening in it (gods how I wanted to threaten to kill their damn dogs, little shits), and came back to my home. it is way too fucking temping to just turn the water hose on and spray the little fucks, but their so stupid, they wouldn't take a clue. And the neighbor female mollycoddles and babies the damn things like children, so that doesn't exactly help neighbor relations. Then again, the ringleader of the not so fearless trio came into my front yard when I was watering my plants and trie to bite me. So I sprayed him with the jet. He ran off and is momma got mad, even after I expalined it was self defense. You know, all it would take would be chocolate over the back fence to get rid of the problem... I tried calling to lodge a noise complaint, only to hear that it may go to court. I don't want to take them to court, I just want their damn dogs to shut up. What I need is something that'll emit a dogwhistle sound everytime he and his idiot friends bark, for the entire length they bark. Husband can make that. I know what we're building this weekend....
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's just older house noises, Kuno, but at 3 in the morning after most of a Stephen King novel, the sounds get to you.
    I'm glad the sleep helped, Manda. You needed it. Just like I need mine (4 hours AIN'T gonna cut it). Maybe I can sack out here in the living room with earplugs.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    I love dogs, but that would drive me insane! My house is too quiet! I couldn't sleep for months when I first moved here. That's funny, because I like dark and quiet when I sleep. Throw them something with peanut butter to keep their yaps busy...
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Naiad:

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm

You keep it in your hard pointed at the dog's yard and when they bark it emits a very high pitched only dogs can hear type of noise that they hate. They learn really quick not to bark near your side of the yard.

It's $90, but sanity saving and approved by police departments.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid