Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Work in Progress: Finding the Right Balance (firetiger) page 7

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    I am sure it is a combination of things. Take it easy on yourself, no need to push anything if you're feeling crummy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! I am doing much better but had to see my doctor (who is wonderful) about the menstrual issues. I had a trash can by me at work today because I thought I was going to puke. She gave me an Rx for nausea & said to take Advil for the cramps. I now have an appetite.

I finally checked out the local butcher in town. They are amazing & helped me pick good meats for my needs/budget. I am getting all of my meats from them from now on. It's all grass-fed from local farmers. I got ground beef, beef shank, beef pastrami, smoked ham & some beef broth. I just got a slow cooker so I am excited to cook everything. Is beef pastrami a good pick? I like it because I can grab it, wrap up some veggies & eat it straight from the fridge.

Also my 50 mg 5-HTP came so I am back to taking it once a day late afternoon.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

Clean(er) eating & looking/feeling super fit

Food: (from yesterday)
    9:00 am
    3.5 oz smoked salmon, dark chocolate

12:00 pm
    5 oz roast beef with some yellow potatoes & onions
    some nuts

4:00 pm
    2 oz chicken & sauteed cabbage in bacon grease/butter

8:00 pm
    restaurant: some chips/salsa, corn tacos with beef, onions, cotija & salsa, mojito, stout beer later

WOD:
    2x15 burpees, 60 sec forearm plank

Thoughts:
    I finally got my crockpot & made a roast. It turned out only okay because I put it on high to cook it faster. The next one will be cooked on low. My workouts have been great. I feel sore-ish today from the burpees. I'm doing a burpee/plank challenge. I am no longer ashamed to wear my bikini in public. I am officially a size 8 (having been a 12/13 most of my life) & can wear tiny tight tank tops that show my abs (not fat)! I do need to get back to yoga however.

Mood:
    I have been feeling better about most things. I went on a date last night that was lovely...we'll see if it continues to be so. My body image issues are improving. My sleep was kind of bad last night but I think that my mind was going a million miles a minute from the date.

Hooray for strength! Hooray for positive body image! Hooray for dates!

Popeyes confessions, car problems & a second date

Okay so I haven't been updating as much because I've been busy. This weekend was a crazy sometimes awesome sometimes terrible whirlwind. I met with my therapist on Friday & he is amazed at my progress. I have to say I am too. I feel pretty good in general. On Friday I hung out with the guy again. I am telling myself not to get my hopes up but I really like him & he seems like a genuinely nice guy. My head keeps telling me that this is going to go to sh*t...but objective evidence does not say that.

Saturday I went and floated a river beer in hand with my friends. It was fun. I am much less conscious about my body & rocked a bikini. I still have more work to do on my stomach region but am happy at a size 8. On the way home my car broke down. The rear brakes failed on me. Now I have to pay $800 for new ones. FML. I have to check my spending now. I am not going to sacrifice my healthy eating but partying is going to be put on hold (unless at the expense of someone else haha).

I ate pretty dang poorly this weekend. After my car broke down in the middle of rednecksville or should I say swamppeoplesville Lousiana we had dinner for my friends birthday at a little bar. I had chicken-fried bacon with ranch (OMG deliciious), fried green tomatoes with remoulade, gumbo & some bread pudding with icecream. Sunday I ate well until the GOT season finale party. I get to the party after doing some wonderful yoga & my friend says "oh, did you just workout? we got Popeyes." Yes, I had fried chicken, biscuit & then icecream cake. Oops. I honestly don't feel bad though. I have come to peace with food I think. It's not an enemy or a bandaid for emotional problems.

Today I ate kind of intermittently but primal. I need to get back to planning better, especially with my lack of funds. I also continued the burpee challenge with 2 sets of 20 and a minute plank. I have stepped up the exercise & it feels great. More burpees & yoga tomorrow.

Car troubles suck, but it sounds like you are safe (no accident?) so that is good!

All in all, sounds like you're doing great

Ice cream for dinner & feelings of impending doom...

Food:
    7:45 am
    coffee with coco milk

9:00 am
    a bit of ham steak with a bit of fried egg

1:00 pm
    a bit of roast, potatoes, fried cabbage, small amount of blueberries/raspberries

5:00 pm
    some beef pastrami, dark choc with almond butter

8:00 pm
    single serving of house-made choc ice cream & no sugar added butter pecan

10:30 pm
    dark chocolate with almond butter

WOD:
    2x10 burpees, 90 sec forearm plank & 1.5 hr flow/restore yoga

Thoughts:
    I ate pretty terribly. I am not eating enough for one thing & little nutritional value. I need to plan my meals out better. I don't want to go grocery shopping as I am strapped financially with this car disaster. My workouts have been good though. I consciously chose to have ice cream for dinner & savored every last bite.

Mood:
    Effing awful. I am crazy anxious paranoid right now. I am imagining the worst case scenario for everything but especially with this guy thing. My past horrible past experiences are convincing me that this situation is going to sh*t even though I know the evidence says otherwise. I can't seem to fight these thoughts. I am extremely antsy. The only thing I can think to do is distract myself but I can't go out or do anything spending money...yes, I would have loved a drink at my favorite beer bar today. I need to learn patience. I am so frustrated with life right now. Sometimes I just can't fight the thoughts. Maybe I will increase my 5-HTP back to 100 mg/day (one in the afternoon & one in the evening). I will try it. It's amazing how happy/high I can be one minute then the thoughts take over...

Back in the rational (& primal) world

Food:

9:30 am:
    green smoothie with coco milk, heap of spinach, greens powder, banana & a few raspberries

1:00 pm
    smoked ham steak with some orange bell pepper & 1/2 small avocado

3:30 pm
    small amount of almonds

5:00 pm
    6 oz roast beef shank, onions, zucchini chips (oven baked)

7:00 pm
    88% dark choc with almond butter, a few raspberries

WOD:
    2x10 burpees & 90 sec forearm plank

Thoughts:
    I LOVE my crockpot & the butcher. Seriously the roast melts in my mouth. That and the butcher are going to be my best friends. The burpees are kicking my butt but I am really improving. I don't know if I can do more than a 90 sec forearm plank. My arms are so toned. I'm going to look great for this wedding I'm going to in a few weeks. My boss told me she wants me to help with a manuscript so I am progressing professionally as well. I discussed with her the idea of me getting my Phd & I think I am going to do it. It's like getting paid to go to school.

Mood:
    Today I was feeling about the same as yesterday: super anxious & slightly depressed, antsy/bored. I don't know what did it but I was able to control the obsessive craziness. I said okay, you are being irrational & it's got to stop. I am always able to recognize the irrationality but making it stop is another story. I found a healthy distraction in the Game of Thrones books. They are so long & will distract me for a while. The little victories are good; they show that I am, indeed, progressing.

I need to go grocery shopping...

Food:
    7:45 am
    green smoothie with coco milk, lettuce, 1/2 banana, a few raspberries, greens powder

12:15 pm
    5 oz beef roast, some onions, 1/2 small avocado & a few raspberries/blueberries

2:00 pm
    a few almonds

5:30 pm
    some beef roast, homemade baked potato chips (2 sm potatoes worth) with some light ranch

7:00 pm
    dark choc with almond butter

WOD:
    2x15 burpees, 90 sec forearm plank

Thoughts:
    I really need to go grocery shopping. My roast is still absolutely delicious but I have 2 lbs of GF ground beef thawed that needs to be cooked. I'm going to get bacon & make bacon burgers. They were amazing last time. If I have yummy food on hand I will eat healthier things. Also I am not really going to eat eggs anymore as I think they cause stabbing pains in my stomach after eating them. Also I'm sick of them. I am debating not buying more dark chocolate because it seems to be my go-to when I want to just grab something. I'm not eating huge quantities but I am developing an unhealthy relationship with it. I know, though, if I'm too restrictive I will fail...

Mood:
    My mood has been meh. Still super stressed/going insane about the guy situation. The GOT books are helping a lot & fighting back but sometimes I just can't. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow so I think that might help. Also I am back to hating my stomach again. I don't know if I am just being ridiculous or if I am putting on weight.

That's rough about the eggs. If you're up for an experiment, some people can eat just the yolks or just the whites. Might be worth it to know, at some point, which part, if either, is okay for you.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast