8:00 pm
    6 oz pork tenderloin with asparagus cooked in butter

9:30 pm
    vodka soda

WOD:
    plank progressions
    1.5 hr fairly intense yoga

Thoughts:
    I learned ground beef doesn't keep very long in the fridge. I aggravated a previous lower back injury during yoga. It was already hurting from carrying something heavy earlier. I thought this problem was resolved but it keeps coming back. It's incredibly frustrating; I'm 26 & I shouldn't have chronic lower back pain already.

Mood:
    Well, I slept a lot better last night. My mood is still just mehhhhhhh. I went to a friend's comedy show. I know I need to make myself socialize more. I need to make a conscious effort to reach out to people. I am already working on that. I see my therapist tomorrow so hopefully more progress.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Any way you could see a chiropractor about your back? A good one should be able to tell you where the issue is coming from. Could be poor form somewhere (though if you're doing yoga, that might not be it), could just be not enough core strength (my problem), or perhaps something is just out of alignment.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Any way you could see a chiropractor about your back? A good one should be able to tell you where the issue is coming from. Could be poor form somewhere (though if you're doing yoga, that might not be it), could just be not enough core strength (my problem), or perhaps something is just out of alignment.
    I wasted a few months with useless MDs that said I needed chronic pain management or eventually surgery so I now see a chiropractor. I just thought it was going to "go-away" but it's not. It's not too bad. I think it might be from years of bad posture. The instructors showed me some restorative poses and ways to protect the lower back. i just need to be patient & listen to my body.

Quote Originally Posted by jinuzoul View Post
    pretty random and pretty awesome.
    thanks! I do what I can...

Job, therapy, yoga & maybe a bit too much dark chocolate

Food:
    8:30 am
    coffee with coco milk

12:15 pm
    7 oz stuffed pork tenderloin, 1/2 bell pepper, 6 blackberries

3:00 pm
    a few walnuts/almonds & 1/2 hb egg

5:15 pm
    1/4 72% dark choc bar dipped in 1 tbsp almond butter

8 oz round eye steak & mushrooms cooked in butter & a taste of my roommate's coconut curry chicken dish

10:00 pm
    1/4 72% dk choc bar with 1 tbsp almond butter

WOD:
    1.5 hr intense yoga

Thoughts:
    I have been liking the coffee with coco milk then waiting to eat breakfast/lunch later. I wasn't even hungry until noon. Before primal I would be feeling like I'd pass-out if I didn't eat breakfast & could never have a fasted workout. I am probably not eating enough food still but I am not hungry so who knows. I went a little overboard on the dark chocolate, but hey, it's better than the booze I would have drank if I had gone out tonight. My stomach is a little mad at me about it though.

Mood:
    I woke up to a terrible nightmare last night but not the scary kind, more like the something realistic-ish happens in my real life that is terrible. It made sense considering the events of yesterday. I felt pretty rested though. I love my job; it is giving me a sense of fulfillment that I was lacking before. I had a really great appointment with my therapist. He is very optimistic about me getting better. I never felt that before from mental health professionals but both him & my psychiatrist are great. I feel like it might be possible too...I am hoping at least.

Confessions

I'm not going to list all of the things I ate yesterday but after breakfast they were not very primal & included frozen yogurt, beers, vodka sodas, a bun-less burger with cheese, dark chocolate & a smoked salmon brie sandwich on rye bread purchased drunkenly at a food cart. I had a great time with my friends so my mood was fantastic & it's really crucial that I am social for my happiness.

That being said I feel like crap today. I think the combination of the booze & food definitely did me in. Back on it today but I have no desire to eat anything primal. I also need to go to the grocery store.

Mehhhhhhh

Food:
    10:30 am
    coffee with coco milk

2:00 pm
    2 oz cashews/almonds & some dried cherries

4:00 pm
    shrimp & veggie stirfry cooked in coco oil/butter & banana egg pancakes

9:00 pm
    dark chocolate with butter

WOD:
    Rest day.

Thoughts:
    Today was a completely wasted day. I did nothing & basically ate nothing too. I am going to go checkout the local butcher's shop tomorrow though, if it's open. I need some more meat. I am also thinking about getting a crockpot so I can cook some of the less tender cuts of meat (cheaper). I am also thinking about getting my PhD in epidemiology after my masters. I always envisioned myself having an MD or a PhD & that way I can run my own research studies. I like being my own boss.

Mood:
    My mood was just mehhhhh again. Flat not super depressed just completely apathetic. I pretty much stayed in bed today; my inner dialogue was not strong enough to get me to do much of anything. It's too freaking hot here during the day to do outside activities; I can't swim in the pool because of the tattoo (which turned out great!). I am also having some insomnia problems but it's more like I don't want to make myself sleep than I can't fall asleep. It's weird.

I did read a really great blog post about body image issues:10 Ways to help you feel good about you NOW! | Grokette's Primal Musings. Her message really resonated with me. The negative self talk really does have to stop; I liked the part where she said don't say things about your body that you wouldn't say to a friend. My body has come a long way since I started putting work into it. The theme this month at my yoga studio is compassion not only for others, but also for yourself. I am working on it.

No appetite but a productive day

Food:
    10:00 am
    coffee with coco milk

12:00 pm
    3 eggs fried in butter & some cucumber

2 oz sliced turkey, 1.5 pc bacon, a turkey meatball, a few blueberries

WOD:
    squat, pushup, plank, side plank progressions
    tons of cleaning

Thoughts:
    I have no appetite today so I ate very little. My stomach is a bit irritated (maybe from Saturday night food/beer still). I made turkey meatballs in tomato sauce with mushrooms & onions for lunch tomorrow & another meal. I also baked some bacon for later use throughout the week. I am going to try pan frying it to make it re-crisp.

Mood:
    My mood was a lot better today. I was really productive despite waking up uncharacteristically late at 11:20. I've cut down my 5-HTP to 100 mg/day. Right now I take it once with dinner because they are 100 mg capsules but I am going to get 50s when I run out.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If ordering online is feasible for you, check out Vitacost.com for pretty cheap supplements. You have to plan ahead so it ships to you on time (so you don't have to pay absurd amounts shipping stuff, anyway), but it's the cheapest source I've found for the supplements I take. Plus they have deals sometimes for buy one get one half off on Vitacost brands, or free shipping on orders $25 or more.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What time has worked best for you taking the 5-HTP? I've been taking it with dinner but when I get the 50s I will take one late afternoon & one with dinner.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast