Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A Work in Progress: Finding the Right Balance (firetiger) page 11

firetiger is offline Senior Member

I just want to shove all the food i can into my mouth

Primal Fuel
    Food:
    8:30 am: BP coffee

11:30 am: 2 oz turkey with bell pepper, 2 oz smoke salmon, green tipped banana with 1 T almond butter

3:00 pm: 1 oz cashews

5:30 pm: 9 pc sashimi with a bit of soy sauce & pickled ginger

6:15 pm: another banana (oops), avocado mixed with some half & half, 1 tsp almond butter, a tsp cream cheese, a smidge of raw honey (ahhhhh)

Workout:
    3X10 burpees, 90 sec plank, 60 sec plank
    45 min walk

Skin: 5 (except for a few spots on my hand)

I have a bottomless, unsatisfied hunger right now...especially for carbs akak sugar & bread.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

"Cheat" Days & Bulletproof Hot Chocolate

Food:
    9:00 am: Bulletproof hot cocoa (water, 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 T KG butter, 1 T coco oil & a dash of cinnamon)

12:00 pm: 3 oz sliced Applegate turkey, 1/4 yellow bell pepper, granny smith apple

2:30 pm: 1.5 oz cashews

5:00 pm: 1/4 c organic full fat yogurt with 1 T almond butter

8:00 pm: 6 oz sirloin steak fried in butter, 2 c baby romaine, slice orange bell pepper, 1/3 cucumber, mushrooms, 1/2 pc bacon & balsamic

Workout:
    15 burpees & 90 minutes yoga

I ate really poorly on Sunday. I was hungover & wanted fries, hotdogs & other unmentionable crap. I think that Sundays need to be my more lax days. I will still avoid gluten if possible but giving myself permission is better than beating myself up about it. I got right back to it today & am feeling great. I switched my bp coffee for bp hot cocoa & it's delicious. I want to reserve coffee for when I need it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It's not as good, but when I really wanted a pizza, I got some Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust mix. Starchy carbs with some butter or coconut oil help demolish those cravings for me too. And salt! I try to break down the individual parts of the craving and give myself what's reasonable (like some cheese, or something salty or greasy, but not terrible for me).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Mehhh sugar won today & so did GRE math

Food:
    9:00 am: BP hot cocoa

12:00 pm: 4 oz steak, 1/4 head of cabbage, pc bacon, green apple

4:00 pm: 1/4 c yogurt with 1 T almond butter, 1/4 orange bell pepper, 1/3 cucumber, 1 T KG

7:30 pm: 1 chocolate pirouette (from my yoga teacher)

9:00 pm: 4 oz steak, caramelized onions, baby romaine, few zucchini chips (I burnt the rest)

10:00 pm: 2 T raw honey, a few cashews

Workout:
    5 double flight of stairs sprint up
    90 min yoga (1/2 flow 1/2 restorative)

Blah. I am grumpy grumpy grumpy. I let sugar get the best of me. I am pms-ing when I shouldn't be (breakthrough). My math GRE score potential is concerning me. I need to go to bed and quit doing more problems. Here's to tomorrow being a better day. *Cheers with the glass of wine I wish I had*

On a side note when I fail to get up and complete some burpees/planks in the morning I am going to make myself sprint (to the best of my ability in my work flats) up the double 5 flights of stairs to my professor's office. It gets me out of breath so I'm pretty sure it's a good replacement.

Mexican hot chocolate & spicy chicken drumsticks

Food:
    9:30 am: BP hot cocoa

12:00 pm: 4 oz steak, caramelized onions, cabbage baked in olive oil & 1 pc bacon, green apple

4:00 pm: 1 oz cashews, 1/2 orange bell pepper, green tea

8:00 pm: glass white wine, 3 drumsticks cooked in KG butter, 7 baby carrots

9:00 pm: a few cashews, 1 T almond butter, mexican hot cocoa (1/4 c coco milk, 1 T cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla)

Workout:
    10 burpees, 10 flight of stairs sprint (in work flats), 90 sec plank

So I decided to put my food into a calculator to see where my macros are. I've calculated my required calorie intake before and it says 2089 calories/day. My intake for today was 78 g carb, 116 g fat & 69 g protein. Now I've read that protein intake should equal your bodyweight. I don't see this being feasible for me. Am I deficient in protein?

69 g is probably not too low, but it depends on your activity level. From what you did, I think it's okay. If you are more active than that, you probably want to shoot for 100 g. 3 servings of meat a day would probably get you there. I only hit that goal when eating 3 meals a day.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    69 g is probably not too low, but it depends on your activity level. From what you did, I think it's okay. If you are more active than that, you probably want to shoot for 100 g. 3 servings of meat a day would probably get you there. I only hit that goal when eating 3 meals a day.

Yeah I'm always puzzled by the "eat 1 g of protein per lb of body weight." That's a lot of protein. I'd have to be supplementing with powders (gross). On days I do yoga or other workouts I tend to naturally eat more anyways.

As long as you're maintaining/building muscle appropriately, you're probably fine!

New bed, phd in what I want to study & drinks with my professor

Food:

8:30 am: BP hot cocoa

12:00 pm: 3 drumsticks & 8 baby carrots, 1 oz cashews, green tea

4:30 pm: 2 thin mints

6:30ish: 2 mojitos (yummmm)

8:00 pm: can of tuna with natural brown mustard & dill (surprisingly good without the mayo), 1/4 cabbage roasted in oo & 1 pc bacon

9:00 pm: mexican hot cocoa with some half & half, coco milk

Workout:
    3x10 flights of stairs sprints at work (in my flats)

I had a crazy, wonderful long day. I am really happy about the direction that my life is taking. I spoke with my professor about the PhD program and about studying what I want to study. She loved it, said I'd be a strong candidate for the program but do have to get all A's & high GRE scores. She also pulled me in on a massive grant proposal and then we went out for mojitos.

I am loving the stairs sprints at work but might get some inserts for my flats as my feet don't necessarily appreciate it. I have no food so I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I checked out the dirty 12 & clean 15 lists and am going to start getting some things at Walmart because my food spending is out of control. I will still only buy clean meats though, at least hormone & antibiotic free.

I also got a nice, new queen-sized bed. I think I am going to sleep like a baby tonight...which is good because this weekend I have a giant pile of literature about violence theory & GRE studying to do.

When I'm drunk I crave cheese...and bread

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yesterday was not the best of days eating-wise or mood-wise. I bombed (okay not really) my practice GRE exam. I took it at a bad time. I was kind of really upset when I saw the scores. I needed to get away from it all so I got a hold of my friends and we went out to dinner. I wanted to drink margaritas & was ravenously hungry. Haha. I recovered from the devastation of doing poorly on my practice exam. THAT is a very good sign. It did not crush me as it might have before. In fact, I am just going to study more.

Then I went out on the town, had a blast dancing to live NOLA jazz music & other fun adventures. I then got home. I wanted to drunk-eat. The worst. I wanted cheese but instead ate some bread (oops). I think that if I have cheese I won't want the bread. I do well with dairy so I am going to buy myself a block of good quality cheese. I also want to make loaded sweet potatoes. For me everything is about moderation (yes, I need to learn that with alcohol too haha). I can't restrict things or I feel like I need to be upset when I eat something bad. For me what this primal journey has been about is 1) eating more natural minimally processed nutritional food & 2) developing a healthier relationship with food in general.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast