Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Erin.Patti's Primal Journal page 3

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grocery planning is pretty hard if you are planning 45 min trip each way! There is an Asian market here too that I've heard good things about but haven't ventured to.

I've played around with stevia in the past although I don't think I have any right now.

Our big news is that we are planning to move next month (and friends visiting next weekend). To borrow a phrase I read recently, I have a high tolerance for mess. And my place is a mess. So first cleaning so guests can come and hopefully purging accumulated crap as I go. Big T is on a big gig right now so I barely see him-- in fact yesterday he came home after I went to bed, and he left before I got up.
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

The week has flown by and I haven't posted what I've eaten, although I swear I thought I did some of this earlier this week. This week I have eaten entirely at home with the exception of one lunch. I love to cook, but I am really tired of the dishes. Due to Big T's crazy schedule this week, he is not around to share the duties. Bummer.

Sat night
    Two barbecues-- managed to eat primal at both!
    Drank sangria, one beer and then wine.
    Also fit in one walk

Sunday
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, side of greens, bacon
    Long walk-- about an hour!
    Snack: celery and goat cheese, israeli salad
    Went to the movies-- saw Iron Man 3. Loved it, super excited about Star Trek. Ate a few handfuls of popcorn.
    Dinner: Really great 5 herb chicken (marinade the chicken in the herbs, reserve half and add to mayo-- so yum) plus collard greens and asparagus
    bourbon and seltzer

Monday
    Did not do sprint work out. allergies terrible. woke up late, groggy, super cranky, forgot to turn the coffee maker on haze
    breakfast: eggs and collard greens
    lunch: tuna mixed with the herb mayo over salad
    dinner: flank steak, roasted beets
    red wine
    dark chocolate

Tuesday:
    breakfast: bacon, eggs, greens
    lunch: panfried salmon over cabbage slaw (made with vinegar)
    Dinner: Bacon wrapped chicken drumsticks, coconut baked kale (this was delicious-- will post recipe later) tomato salad with basil
    dark chocolate
    Added extra walk to my walk home from work, maybe about an additional 25 mins

Wednesday
    Breakfast: greens and eggs
    Lunch: Out-- went to Chipotle and had salad with pork, tomato salsa, guacamole
    Dinner: Fish curry
    Before Dinner: Day 10 WOW workout Workout included sprints, but I adapted to walking the stairs in my apt building. Squats--> Stairs was definitely WOW in the thighs.
    After Dinner: 25 minute walk

Thursday: Today!
    breakfast: out of eggs; Had plain yogurt with berries, ground flax and some coconut. Good.
    Lunch: left over fish curry over some sauteed cabbage
    Dinner: Homemade walnut-basil pesto chicken, kale and tomato saute, roasted carrot sticks

Given all the cooking I've done this week, I decided to make the whole pack of chicken breasts with the pesto even though I originally planned on making other things. I could use the break and I have to start cleaning the apartment at some point, instead of cleaning.

I am doing laundry at the moment though which is a minor miracle. I also have to remember to get up early tomorrow and go to dr's appt......

Weighed myself two days in a row-- 207 both times so I guess I will officially change my signature. Sadface.

Had a regular GYN visit this morning and was 208 with shoes on. I go to Planned Parenthood because I am a huge believer in the organization and like the non judgmental atmosphere. The clinicians have been excellent. However, they have started this healthy baby program-- the goal (not stated but seems obvious to me) is to increase the health of women of child bearing age. They give you a little slip with healthy behaviors (take a vitamin, drink water, etc) and it includes your weight, your BMI, and they give you stuff (water bottle, once it included a pedometer, this time it included a portion control plate).

A couple of observations.
    I have to actively resist calling the bag of stuff "the Fat Girl Bag"
    I am not using a portion control plate
    I do use the actual bag and water bottle

Also, the slip with my weight from last year said 210. When I went to my new regular doctor in March, the scale there said 215. So 207 is stable, things could be worse, but I am really looking forward to things being better.

I do feel a lot of progress. I have more energy, especially at night. With the exception of my seasonal allergies, I wake up and feel great in the morning before my alarm. It's easy to fit in some extra walking. My mood is stable, I don't want to stab someone if I feel hungry. I still love eating fat and I love the primal recipes. If the needle on the scale would continue to move, I'd be beaming.

Trying to focus on the good stuff for now.

Red face

Just finished today's primal work out and PROGRESS!

Wall Push Up
    Goal: 40 each set
    Actual: 40 each set! YAY!
    will continue to wall push ups for a few more work outs

Pull Up
    Still 0

Wall Squat
    Goal: 50 each set
    Actual: 40 each set. Not bad.

Hand Knee Plank
    Goal 90 seconds
    Actual: 20 first set, 15 second set.
    This is real progress- the first time I tried I only did 10

Side Knee Plank:
    Goal 45 seconds
    Actual: 12 both sets

Very pleased.

After my PEM workout, I realized I was really tired and not feeling so great. I think this is because I've had some nights of not sleeping great and a combination of allergies and dust in the apartment.

I decided to read in bed and fall asleep early. I ate some almonds while reading and was probably asleep by 9pm. I was a little concerned that I would wake up at 2am but figured, what the hell. I slept until 6AM and I feel so much better right now than I did last night.

I've put another load of laundry in, organized some clothes from the "Am I ever going to wear this or not" pile, and got my grocery bags ready for the farmers market. A friend and I go together and I am always ending up with his bags-- this week I will actually give him his back.

Friday food
    Breakfast:
    yogurt, berries, flax seed, coconut
    Lunch:
    chipotle salad-- pork over lettuce with tomato salsa and guac
    Dinner:
    Ate a piece of the leftover pesto chicken when I got home then almonds while reading. Not a typical dinner or evening for me. However, the only other items in the fridge were some cabbage, carrots, and kim chee, none of which I was super excited about.

Today--
    My plan is to go to the Farmers Market and Trader Joes then make an attack cleaning plan for the apartment. I'm really excited my friends are coming next weekend. Really not excited about cleaning.

It's overcast now and in the low 70's making it the perfect time to start cleaning. So first a little procrastinating on MDA...because even though its not 100 degrees and horribly humid, I am still not psyched about cleaning.

Made it to the market and Trader Joe's (although I now realize I forgot to get half and half, this will soon become a problem in my life) and then went into The Loft as they were having a sale, tried on a million things and bought a few tops. Tried on a pair of size 14 pants (I used to buy their Julie cut often) and happily I could get everything buttoned and zipped (I am currently wearing size 16 Old Navy Jeans) although they would be horribly indecent in public. So a pass on the pants, but happy at the prospect of buying 14's on the next go-round assuming the best possible outcome for all of my efforts. This makes me think I might have pants in my closet that fit...hmmmm.

Its always good news when I feel up to trying things on. I've had more than one trip to the dressing room that has ended in me feeling horrible about myself. I don't have any full length mirrors at home and sometimes those three way mirrors are shockers. Hello back fat! Didn't notice you creeping up on me.

Today was not one of those days though and I will take it.

Also, bonus, did not lock myself out of the apartment like the last time I went shopping.

Breakfast:
    yogurt, berries, flax seed, shredded coconut
    coffee half and half

Post shopping snack
    Macadamia nuts
    seltzer water

Lunch:
    Mixed greens (Asian mix) from the market
    salmon
    mango-- super ripe

The Mango. I bought 2 mangoes last week on sale at Safeway thinking maybe salsa. Never got around to that. The one I ate today was so delicious and so sweet. I have been mostly staying away from fruit, until this week when I added berries to my yogurt. The mango tasted almost like honey. Incredible. I wanted to review The Mango the way people talk about wines "started with peach undertones and aftertaste of honey."

And now To Clean! Wish me luck.

Here's the Coconut Kale recipe

The recipe includes farro as optional-- I did not make farro.

I only had small flaked coconut-- this was fine-- just watch as it toasts in the oven.

Perfect the next day for a snack.

I've been making great progress cleaning and sorting for upcoming guests + moving.

Sat dinner
    2 eggs, sausage, sauteed greens

Sunday
    breakfast: eggs, sausage, greens

lunch: 1 can tuna packed in oil over greens
    snack: macadamia nuts
    late afternoon: roasted chicken breast, roasted veggies (including beets, cauliflower, carrots, radishes)

dinner: more roasted chicken breast, veggies, green salad

fell asleep, woke up to watch Mad Men, lots of almonds. not optimal, but it happened.

Monday:
    According to the 21 Day Total Body Transformation schedule, this morning was my first attempt at IF. Terrified of being hungry, I packed for breakfast:
    1 cup yogurt, mixed with 13 cherries, coconut, ground flax seed
    I ate it around 10:30 which is about 2 hours after I normally would eat breakfast.

Lunch:
    roasted chicken over greens with tomato and green onion
    still hungry, ate a bowl of broccoli with butter
    ate around 2pm

Dinner
    Giant Taco bowl with kale chips
    I love kale chips.

Other:
    My hamstrings are really tight. I stretched this morning and they still feel tight. Forgoing the WOW workout/extra walking even though yesterday was a rest day on the schedule. See how I feel tomorrow.

Right now, I am tiiiired. Planning on chilling out for the rest of the night.

Scale said 205.5 this morning. Will see what it says tomorrow.

I've decided to boost my veggie intake and continue moderating my alcohol intake to see if this helps with the weight loss. I drank red wine last Monday, but nothing since.

205 this morning!

I have been weighing myself everyday, an activity that I am conflicted about. I'll be happy to let go of this activity but right now I'm focused on getting to 203, as that will be the 10 lb lost marker, and then 199 to be under 200.

I'm really happy to not be obsessively weighing my food or counting calories/points. I feel satisfied with what I am eating and adjusting to the idea that I don't have to be afraid of being hungry all the time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breakfast:
    Coffee with half and half
    sage sausage, greens, 2 eggs, side of kimchee

I'm working to include something fermented in my diet each day. Yesterday I ate yogurt for breakfast, today it's kimchee.

I have sauerkraut in the fridge. Maybe serve it with something made out of the ground pork in the freezer later this week??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast