I started going primal in March, although tomorrow I am beginning the 21 day program, including adding primal fitness and I'm very excited about it. I lost about 8 lbs in 8 weeks, although after a camping trip last weekend where I was not primal, I gained a few of them back and haven't yet weighed myself in the last week. My clothes are tight again after feeling so great for a few weeks. I'm recommitting myself and feeling very good about it.

Today I write from a hotel room (travel for work), and I have completed my Primal fitness self assessment (starting at level one on all 4 essential movements, not surprised!) and ate a delicious primal cobb salad for dinner and sparkling water.

What I love: Fat! It tastes good! Who knew? I was a teenager in the 1980's and completely bought the "fat is bad" story. I've eaten more skinless boneless chicken breasts than anyone could count. It's amazing to start a way of eating where I'm adding something to my life I've avoided, measured, or felt guilty whenever I used it.

What I miss: Beer. I've been drinking gin and club soda when we go about, but I do miss drinking beer. However, since eliminating it from my diet, I am thrilled that I no longer feel bloated. And I am more likely to start a night out with a club soda then launching right into a drink, which is also great.

What I struggle with: I am still hungry on a schedule, although I feel less crazy when I need to eat. Before going primal, if I hadn't eaten and was hungry I would feel imbalanced and sometimes if I waited too long, completely irrational. I don't feel that way anymore, which is great. But I am hungry regularly even if I eat a high protein high fat meal. Watching and waiting to see how this changes.

I've been lurking on the boards and really looking forward to connecting with other people.

Cheers!
Patti