Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin.Patti's Primal Journal page 2

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Grokerella--

How old are your boys? I don't have kids, hence the free time for the bar! I'm divorced though and currently living with my boyfriend. At 42, I don't expect to go down the kid road now, but stranger things have happened.

It's great to have good beer choices and hopefully you'll find a gluten free one that you like, but not enough to drink all 6.

What's DDP yoga? Silly is good! And doing anything is good, I say! Boo to bad weather. It thunderstormed this afternoon-- We don't need it the way you do.
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Today's food

I was reading through 21 Day Total Body Transformation and other people's journals and decided to go crazy and make 3 eggs for breakfast to see if it would make any difference in when I got hungry for lunch. (with homemade sausage and kale). I ate two, thinking I would go back for the third if I was hungry before I left work. Then the boyfriend had a minor work crisis distracting me from the third egg. So-- only two today. However, it was 11:53 before I looked at the clock to see if it was time for lunch, so success anyway. Maybe I just need to see the third egg in the pan.

Lunch
    Leftover Butter Chicken Great yesterday, much better today. the tomato in the sauce really came through. Definitely recommend.
    There wasn't much left so I reheated it with spinach and a ton of cauliflower and through some almonds and shredded coconut on top (unsweetened).

Dinner
    Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Coconut Aminos
    over some red chard sauteed in butter.
    I loved it. This was my first time using the coconut aminos which I found at the Whole Foods. No doubt I can find them cheaper somewhere else.
    Veggies included: cauliflower, carrot, radishes, green pepper. The radishes were delicious-- I don't usually roast them, so another experiment

Topping the day off with coconut milk with some unsweetened cocoa and a tiny bit of agave. Delicious. Did this yesterday too.

My challenge: My bedtime routine. Can't pull myself away from either the tv or the laptop....

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    How old are your boys?
    My boys are 10 and 11. They're buds, I love hanging out with them! Always feels weird the rare times when they're gone. I'm hoping to lose at least a little bit of noticeable weight while they are gone It gives me something to focus on instead of being depressed about missing them lol

What's DDP yoga? Silly is good! And doing anything is good, I say! Boo to bad weather. It thunderstormed this afternoon-- We don't need it the way you do.
    DDP yoga is some DVDs put together by Diamond Dallas Page (a ((former? lol)) pro wrestler) and it's yoga that uses "dynamic resistance" while you're doing the poses. Basically it's like you're tensing your whole body up while you do the poses, one set of poses ends with a hulk type move and they encourage you to make the silly hulk noise while you do it. Feels great lol very empowering should be able to google it. I found it by watching the crazy inspirational video going around youtube of this vet that could barely walk, um here I'll just find it lol

SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Holy coconut batman, I just read about your coconut milk with cocoa powder and agave! That sounds delicious. So much so I think I need to run to the store hahaha

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Grokerella!

That video is amazing. I cried (actually still crying!). WOW. Thank you for sharing it with me. I'm going to send it to someone I know who teaches yoga and was just posting on FB about how to make yoga more inclusive, since it's reputation is so white and skinny. I am so excited for that guy and his new life! Those scenes of him falling down and getting back up are really the most inspiring thing I've seen. I'm totally checking out DDP yoga now!

Yes to coconut milk, cocoa powder and agave syrup. It's such a great treat. It requires a bunch of whisking because the cocoa powder doesn't really want to dissolve. I am a fan of the agave syrup because I found a brand that is no GMO.

Your boys-- 10 and 11! So great! A bunch of our friends have kids in that age range and it's so fun. We were able to treat one of my favorites to ziplining for her birthday. Her family is in a bit of a tough financial spot and we aren't at the moment (knock on wood) and we were all camping together so we didn't want to leave her out. SO fun! She really did a great job. Two adults backed out at different points but she kept going.

How long will they be gone? I'm with you on the goal to keep your spirits up!

Happy Dance Day!

The scale said 205, down from 207.5 a few days ago. I've been struggling with how often to weigh myself. I was down this low about two weeks ago and then jetted back up to 210 (ugh) so I am working to stay the course right now. I know weight variation happens, this ain't my first rodeo, but it is really disheartening when the scale takes that great leap back up. So, I'm happy I weighed myself today.

Today I walked 35 minutes before making dinner and added a little extra (maybe 5 mins) to my walk back to work from lunch.

Since the boyfriend had an early call to work this morning, I played my Prince station on Pandora and turned off the news. The man is an MSNBC junkie and I was happy to take a break and dance around a little bit.

Food!

Breakfast
    Coffee with cream-- this is every day
    Took the leap to 3 eggs with kale and home made sausage and didn't come home for lunch until almost 12:40. Success.

Lunch
    leftover salmon with roasted veggies, sauteed spinach to go with it
    Water

Dinner
    Banh Mi salad
    Excellent! I added a few drops of chili oil to spice it up. Could have put more cilantro in it.

Overall, feel great, feel optimistic!

Friday! (plus a bit of Saturday)

All in all a good day, although I did lock myself out of the apartment while it was hot and humid-- spring has finally arrived in Baltimore.

21 Day Total Body Transformation-- Day 5. Exercise plan stated to do a short version of the Primal Movements. I did one rep each of the exercises (no pull ups though) then went for a 25 minute walk. Feel good, although I was definitely tired when done with the walk.

Thursday night I used google maps to figure out the distance of my walk to work-- .5 miles. So walking to/from work is 1 mile, if I come home for lunch, it's 2 miles a day. My plan is to add another walk to equal at least a mile at least 3 days a week. I used to live in NYC and walked so much then. That I loved, the six floor walk-up, while good for me, I don't miss so much.

Food
    Breakfast
    coffee with cream
    3 eggs, last of the sausage, kale

coffee with milk at the office

Lunch
    I took a half day today and made it home at around 1 to eat some leftover banh mi salad before going to work. Ate the pork chop cold--delicious.

Snack
    After shopping at Trader Joes, ate some dried coconut and seltzer water on the way home.

Unloaded groceries, returned zipcar, discovered that I left my house keys in the apt. Hot, humid, unhappy. Luckily had big bottle of seltzer with me and my sister was home. Walked about 1 mile to her house. Luckily Big T (the boyfriend) would not be working late, so I didn't have to deal with the new apt management company to get back in. He met us for drinks and dinner.

Drinks and Dinner
    Invoked the 80% rule and was not completely primal at dinner.
    Cocktails then beef cheeks sous vide with a side of market greens. Pretty primal, came with some kind of fancy potato thing ( I try to avoid potatoes, but ate these!) Also a few bites of pie. delicious and I'm not all worked up about it.

So tired-- from not sleeping so well, crashed before 9pm. Got up at 3am as favor to my sister to drive her and her husband for their vacation. Then restless sleep until 8:30-- got up to go to the farmer's market.

Food:
    Breakfast
    ate a handful of almonds
    Coffee with cream at the farmers market

Lunch:
    Around 1pm made fish curry with cauliflower, red pepper, onions, jalapenos and coconut milk. Delicious.

The rest of the day.. we're planning on going to a birthday party for a friend. I'm tired-- maybe nap? Big T has been working a lot and he is also exhausted, so I think our plans will be low key.

I'm so glad you like the video! It's so motivating! Wipes out any excuses that pop into your head, ya know?? Congratulations on the loss! That definitely deserves a happy dance! (I'm picturing snoopy in my head lol) I'm curious, which brand of agave is GMO free? I'm so leary of everything right now, it feels like everything in the store is a gamble!

― Winston Churchill

Hi Grokerella--

The agave syrup is Madhava and I think I found it at Target. Do you have a Trader Joe's? I just learned that all of their name brand products are GMO free. I was pretty impressed. They are also HCFS free, trans fat free...some other things that I don't remember, but it's on their website.

I hear you about being leery. I have become more and more conscious of how food is produced, what's in it, which grocery stores are union, etc and sometimes I get borderline obsessed. I am a bit of a dictator about what comes into the house. It physically pains me to buy tomatoes off season at the grocery store. I've tried to let go of this a little bit because I realize it makes me a not-fun-person-to-live with.

I wish we had a Trader Joe's but alas... The only health food in town is a vitamin cottage, whole foods and sprouts (previously sunflower market) are about 45 miles away. I need to start planning monthly trips up there because there is a kickass Asian market there too, lots of yummy fresh fish and different veggies and such.

I understand about having to be so strict with comes into the house, there's a lot of scary stuff out there!

I'll have to see if I can find the agave syrup. I felt like I was adding a ton of stevia to the coconut dessert lol I already add more than I should with my coffee! Eventually I will wean myself down to a reasonable quantity

― Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast