Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grokerella's Primal Journal page 3

Skarlett98 is offline Junior Member
    Grokerella, sounds like you are doing awesome so far! I too have not long started on my primal journey but my hubby and kids are along for the ride too. Kids not so strictly. If there is one thing I have learnt so far this week, it is that preparation is key especially since I work full time.

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    Hi Skarlette, how great that your hubby and kids are on board!
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    So I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend. My boys left for their dad's on Saturday and I did some (non-paleo) comfort eating... I would still say this was different than normal comfort eating (can't even quite call it binging - just making poor food choices), because I was conscious of what I was doing the entire time. It was a choice. While I was purchasing/eating these items, my thought process was along the lines of This isn't good for me and it's not going to help me achieve my goals... I can live with that for this moment, I will start paleo again and then work on being better prepared in the future. I still ate at least one paleo a meal each day, but had some (okay a lot of) sugar in more than one cup of coffee, ate some pizza *gasp* and some soda *louder gasp*. The thing was because it was a conscious choice, I didn't get that food high. So in a way I think this might have helped me in the long run, things are already losing their appeal. It's the idea of the comfort food I love, not the food itself. When I made a crazy good steak and brussels (my fave) I enjoyed it more and felt better...

Now for the true irony... when I started this weekend I was back at 252.something, this morning I weighed myself to face the aftermath of my poor choices... 248.4... whaaaa? It's bs like this that puts little doubts in my head. Not really and not fully, but when you eat garbage (and stop walking like I have been) and lose weight, it's a bit of a slap.

But I'm in this for the long run, if after 6 months I haven't seen some real change I'll rethink this but I think I have a slow-to-respond body lol I keep telling myself this is not about numbers, it's not about quick fixes or magical losses overnight. This is a slow and steady wins the race. Face it babe, you're the tortoise. But that's okay, the point is: you'll finish the race.
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Harpua is offline Member
    Nothing wrong w/ having a bad eating day every once in a while. I like to think it keeps me from falling completely off the wagon. The difference w/ me is that I usually see a few lb swing in the wrong direction after a bad day. A few weeks ago i had a 6lb gain from Friday to Monday. It was bs weight though because i had lost it all again by Wed. Just yesterday I took the scale out of my bathroom to avoid weighing myself too much. Friday's only from here on out. It'll make you nuts!
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Hi Grokerella,

Crazy good steak and brussel sprouts sound like a great way to get back on track. And yes! to feeling better after you ate it.

Funny how motivating that number on the scale is. It's a crazy crazy mental game.

Patti

Hope your
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey pal! Noticed you haven't updated in a while! Hope everything is OK.

I'll just pretend you are lounging around eating filet mignon....
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123