Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grokerella's Primal Journal page 2

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    Hi Erin.Patti, glad you liked the site too. It's hard to tell what people actually weigh, while I don't look thin by any means I definitely don't look like I weigh 250 give or take. Same thing with sizes, as a teen I was 155 and perfectly healthy but a size 12 while my friends were all 6's. Made me feel like some kind of behometh because I just didn't understand different body types. A shame I didn't get to enjoy my skinny days when I had them lol hopefully soonish!
    Last edited by grokerella; 05-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Today was good, I ate some turkey pepperoni with some coffee (HWC and stevia) for breakfast then before I knew it it was 3:30 and I hadn't eaten anything. I was on my way out the door to a Peace March so stopped real quick and picked up some more pepperoni (I have the weirdest cravings) and a sparkling water. After the march came home and made a big caesar salad (the only salad I truly love). Sitting with another sparkling water and feeling content despite not consuming much. My lack of non-paleo cravings is starting to make me a little nervous, waiting for the ball to drop lol

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Erin.Patti is offline Member
    Grokerella--

I absolutely wish I had better appreciated my body as a teen and young person in my 20's! As a high schooler I was probably 135? but still mocked. My closest friend was 5'2'' and an avid exerciser, and tiny. I remember exercising my butt off to be 145 as a college freshman but was probably 155 or so for the rest of college. I look totally normal in pictures from that time period!

Patti

Exactly Patti! All the more reason for us to get back to that point, so we can enjoy it this time and appreciate it for what it is!

― Winston Churchill

Today is a weird weather day, we've had a ton of rain and insane thunder and lightening (this is really bizarre for Colorado, especially because it's in the morning! We usually don't get storms till midsummer and only in the afternoon). Weather definitely effects my motivation (physically, I'm not sure with eating... hmmm...). I'm extremely grateful for the moisture though, we always need it.

This morning I got tickets for a ghost walking tour for my Seattle trip, I won't have much time for fun stuff (outside my training) and thought this would be fun. I love anything off the wall and it's a good way to get some walking in with some dear friends I haven't seen in a long time.

Breakfast was just fried eggs and some breakfast sausage links. My boys were begging for some biscuits so I made some (from a scary pop open can lol) and they smelled sooo good! First time I've been remotely tempted to stray, but I resisted. Damn fluffy goodness just sat there mocking me. I told the boys to eat it up asap hahaha

Hope everyone has a great day!

― Winston Churchill

Definitely! Feeling very optimistic about being able to do this. Hope you are too!
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Me too Patti! This time is definitely different. My son and I went to target and he ended up getting a soft pretzel (a total fave of mine) and a hot chocolate. I looked around the menu for something that could sort of pass for paleo... nothing. So I got... nothing lol it was so hard because I was dumb and forgot to take my lunch to work today. But I passed lol came home and made shrimp and a salad. As much as I love the flavor of the soft pretzels, it's no longer worth it to eat them anymore considering what they (and all the other breads I've now given up) do to me and my body. One day at a time till we reach our goals!

― Winston Churchill

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grokerella View Post
    Me too Patti! This time is definitely different. My son and I went to target and he ended up getting a soft pretzel (a total fave of mine) and a hot chocolate. I looked around the menu for something that could sort of pass for paleo... nothing. So I got... nothing lol
    Lol. Way to go, Grokerella. And the cool thing with this way of eating, this actually becomes easier and easier to do. One day youll just realise that you don't even want those other things and are more htan happy to wait till you get home for something you know will be both delicious and good for you and not leave you bloated and feeling sick. Good luck with your goals.

Thanks Annie! When I'm not hungry I'm generally not even tempted, but I just started working part time this summer and I haven't done a good job of planning my breakfast or lunch (partly because I'm finding out my schedule on an hourly basis so far lol At the very least I need to bring more snacks. Turkey pepperoni has been saving my ass lately lol

― Winston Churchill

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay for turkey pepperoni!

I hate those days where planning went awry (or never happened) and I end up hungry. Gah! And one bad planning day begets another in my life. Glad you were able to pass up the pretzel and move on. Those little moments add up and make the difference I think. Plus shrimp and a salad sounds delicious!
    SW: 213 (3/13)
    CW: 203 (6/11/13)

Goal: 185

Fat is delicious. You can quote me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast