Thread: NEED: $40 Grocery List! page

battlekla is offline Junior Member

NEED: $40 Grocery List!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so my fridge is *barren and I only have 40 dollars to feed me until friday. If you were me and going to the grocery store today, what would you spend that forty dollars on?

Please help me!!

Thanks,
    Kenneth

*I have plenty of oils. I have 9 eggs and 2 quarts of "granola".

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    10 pounds of potatoes
    5 pounds of rice
    5 pounds of cabbage
    5 pounds of carrots
    bacon
    more eggs

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    That is 10 dollars a day each for Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, since you said "until" Friday, not through that. So - you can buy a dozen eggs each day, plus sardines/herring/canned salmon, a fresh vegetable for sauteeing, and a fruit. You might switch out the sardines for fresh meat that is 50% off because it is on sale date on the day you might find it. Also, Aldi has mild goat chèvre logs for $1.99 all the time, and it is a go-to food for me as it gets me really full as I eat the entire log at one sitting (I really love chèvre, though) in a salad.

Buy bananas for your fruit one day and make banana pancakes - I will give you the recipe if you need it - they are super easy and tasty.

If you have any bones in the freezer, put on a bone broth tonight and add a bag of mixed frozen vegetables tomorrow - instant soup.

Chicken livers are cheap, sub for sardines one day and fry, and eat the whole container with sautéed onions, which are also cheap.

Lay in an IF day for one of the days, and eat twice as well on the following day.

Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for sales and clearance stuff everywhere - might not be your thing normally, but I routinely get mixed organic baby greens at 50% off at my health food store because I snag them when I see them in the fridge section on sell-by date.

If you have enough for a can of coconut milk, you can make a quickie cream soup out of blended sautéed veg, coconut milk, a shot of water, and bouillon paste/cubes that might be in your pantry.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

missblue is offline Senior Member
    eggs, sardines, onions, cabbage, bacon ends to render for fat and flavor

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    So, Kenneth - what did you buy/are you buying??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    eggs, ground beef, frozen veggies, rice. all are cheap and you can get by on a few days with only that stuff
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

NATLES is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crabbcakes- I have never made bone broth but heard quite a few people post about this. Do you just boil any type of bone in water? I would love some specifics on this, how to make, store, etc!! Also, is rice primal? I hear of others eating it but thought it was a grain?