Thread: Best organic Dairy ice cream in the UK? page

Nstocks is offline Senior Member

Best organic Dairy ice cream in the UK?

Primal Fuel
    Hello,

I'm looking for a dairy ice cream, preferably goats milk that contains only real ingredients. Sugar is obviously a component of this, but I'm working on a higher carb diet. I don't want glucose syrups or anything like that though. Or any fillers.

Green and Blacks is the only one I can think of but its not very good... Goats milk ice cream would be ideal if I could find organic and online ordering.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-05-2013 at 12:24 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What's your budget? Consider getting a real ice cream machine with a built-in compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What's your budget? Consider getting a real ice cream machine with a built-in compressor.
    I've looked at those and found some fairly cheap 30, I'm not sure about the compressor though. I don't really want the hassle with making it myself either!

I've found one goats milk ice cream but it the second ingredient is glucose syrup and contains guar gum.

I would really need to taste it before investing, incase I don't like it or have a negative reaction.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The ones I'm talking about are a lot more expensive. They have a little refrigeration unit built in, so there's no bowl to freeze. They can make ice cream or sorbet continuously without having to break for hours to refreeze something.

I'm probably going to buy one for the household, even though I personally will only occasionally eat ice cream. So many of the ice creams available are so nasty and artificial-tasting. You can't tell which is which until it's too late. We have wasted so much money over the years on them.

It is looking like a better choice to make my own, I mean, it's not too much hassle if I just made a large batch and put it in the freezer.

I've found Raw organic grass fed goats milk (Raw Goats Milk - 560 ml | Chuckling Goat) which is around 15 for almost 4 litres. This compares to non raw, non organic goats milk from the supermarket for 6 for 4 litres...

I'd probably try it with the supermarket stuff first to make sure I like it, even though there will be a world of difference (and benefits) from the raw milk. (I still think there is some benefits of RAW because I can gently heat it, which isn't how the other stuff is pasteurised.)
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-05-2013 at 02:36 PM.

zoeamy is offline Member
    I can't imagine goats milk icecream tasting particularly good without lots of sugar / flavourings.

Why not just have coconut icecream? Delicious, no sugar, and 100% raw too.

And I second what eKatherine had to say, just buy an icecream maker and DIY, who knows what they put in commercial stuff.
    Starting waist measurement: 36". Current 35". First Goal 33".
    Starting backsquat: 50lbs. Current squat: 132lbs.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Co-operatives Vanilla ice cream is about the best ive found for ingredients.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by zoeamy View Post
    I can't imagine goats milk icecream tasting particularly good without lots of sugar / flavourings.

Why not just have coconut icecream? Delicious, no sugar, and 100% raw too.

And I second what eKatherine had to say, just buy an icecream maker and DIY, who knows what they put in commercial stuff.
    Coconut ice cream would be idea, however I don't do well with coconut milk in any form...

I'm considering just making my own afterall. It's 22C here and sometimes it's good to have ice cream!

PrimalCon New York
    I decided to buy some Raw Goat milk from here: chuckling goat.com

It's fantastic! It doesn't taste much different to Cow milk but it is super easy to digest. I've read that it can be digested in 20 minutes and that's certainly true for me. (whereas cow milk takes 8 hours)

I tried making ice cream using honey vanilla and the Raw milk with an ice cream maker. Although tasty, it is not ice cream, but more of a semi-frozen liquid.

In order to make ice cream, the RAW milk does need heating with eggs. So I will loose some of the raw probiotics, but as long as I drink Goat milk kefir or the raw milk, I'm not really loosing out.