Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hill sprints.....wow page

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member

Hill sprints.....wow

Shop Now
    My usual sprint routine consists of ten 100-yard sprints. I'll sprint, walk back to the start, then turn around and sprint again - rinse and repeat.

Unfortunately, the local high school football field I usually sprint at was being used by a spring soccer league. I went to another field complex in the next town over from me. The 2 fields here were both being used by another soccer league. Dammit.

These fields have a decently steep hill next to them, so I decided I'd run hill sprints. I'd never done them before.

I managed to run 4 sprints, and I was completely wiped out. My legs were like Jello, and I was breathing way harder than I do during my normal sprint workout. Very tough workout. I'd highly recommend adding hill sprints to your routine if you can.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    One of the best and hardest workouts you can get! Try 5 all-out uphill sprints X 60 seconds (yep, a bit more than 100 yards!)walk down after finishing each sprint and repeat. Warmup is very important of course. I have read in a scientific paper that the amounts of acids in your blood after such a session is equal to a very dead person...

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yup hill sprints are great. Kurt Angle (olympic gold winning wrestler turned WWE star ) lived nearby while I was growing up. He fractured his hand while training for the olympics and from what I remember trained the heck out of lower body while healing. Hill sprints where a huge part of his effort. We got some steep hills out in PA.

Oh, btw anybody whose competing in or enjoys watching one on one fighting of any sort should visit this page Save Olympic Wrestling !

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    I regularly do hill sprints with a rep of somethign or other on top and on bottom. So it may be:

20 jump squats
    Hill sprint
    20 pushups
    walk down
    20 lunges
    Hill spring
    etc etc etc

A hill sprint after lunges or squats? MWAAhahahaha...

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenete View Post
    I regularly do hill sprints with a rep of somethign or other on top and on bottom. So it may be:

20 jump squats
    Hill sprint
    20 pushups
    walk down
    20 lunges
    Hill spring
    etc etc etc

A hill sprint after lunges or squats? MWAAhahahaha...
    I can't breathe just thinking about that workout. Lol

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely love hill sprints. I have a 250 meter long steep hill that typically I run 5 reps on once a week. Real challenging, takes the heart rate right up to max. Another suggestion is to find a long set of stairs to climb. We have stairs near us that are about 100 meters in length, try doing that 10 times and you thighs will burn for a few days.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Constraints have limited my ability to run hill sprint outdoors (weather, shoes, surface, etc.) Although I prefer running outside, the treadmill works. Some may have difficulty jumping on and off but try sprinting for 20-30 seconds at a level 15 incline. Very intense.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    can i ask what kind of hills are you looking for?

Grass hills or road hills?

Quite tough to find where i live.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I have a sledding hill nearby (its name is really Sledding Hill), and it's a BEAST. About 250 yards and very steep. I don't think anyone can sprint more than halfway up it. Days I take my sprint workout there I feel like I might die.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    my local sledding hill is smaller, so i usually start on the field and then climb the hill. But what I discovered last week is how awesome bear crawl downhill is! So, do your sprint routine, get breathing back to normal, then bear crawl uphill (wow, this is easy, you'll think), then turn around and climb down (and you'll think, how can it be so much farther downhill than up?!). Do that about 3 times and pretty much the whole body is taken care of!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast