Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not-so-daily thoughts of Raikay's journey page

raikay is offline Member

Not-so-daily thoughts of Raikay's journey

Shop Now
    Finally signed up for the forum.

I started my journey in January when I finally decided enough was enough. I've struggled with weight gain, fear of exercise due to it triggering major fibromyalgia flare-ups, and being tired of the fibro ruling my life.

After reading "Wheat Belly" I cut wheat from my diet as am experiment and started to feel better. A couple weeks later found Primal and started studying up. I promptly cut sugars and the rest of the grains from my diet and started seeing a personal trainer once a week who also believes in primal.

Progress report so far:

I haven't had a muscle relaxer in 4 months, except for 2 days for a small issue that popped up in my hip, not bad since I've been on them daily for 6 years or so. I've been completely off my neurontin for 3 months from 5 a day for 5 years, and I haven't had a fibro flare-up in months.

I'm doing TRX, walking, couch to 5k, and lifting weights. I'm currently doing 80lb lat pull downs, 250lb leg presses, 120 lb dead lifts, and bench presses. Definitely not bad since 6 months ago I couldn't ride my exercise bike 5 minutes without going into spams for 3-4 hours!

I'm down 40ish pounds.

I have gone from being terrified to exercise to wishing I could go to the gym and lift everyday. I love feeling myself get stronger and healthier!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

raikay is offline Member
    Well, went for a hike up the butte this morning with a friend. It was only a couple miles but it was really steep in parts, my fitbit said I'd climbed 78 flights of stairs by the time we reached the top. I made it though!

Had a great protein-full lunch and spaghetti squash spaghetti with meatballs for dinner.

I'm a bit sunburned and really drained, but it was a great day and I feel good.

raikay is offline Member
    Yesterday's routine went well. gym routine consisted of gobble squats, bench presses, deadlifts, dumbbell rows and some lat pull downs. I had PR's on everything but my bench presses so I feel really good about it.

Today was couch to 5k week 3 days and I managed to do the whole bit in my VFF's. Needles to say, my legs are killing me, my arms and my shoulders are killing me. It's a good pain though, unlike the fibro pain I used to deal with. It's awesome feeling myself get stronger. One of my friends actually commented "damn, you can see your arm muscles now".

It's been a great start to the week.

raikay is offline Member
    Well, today a had a personal best at the gym in dead lifts by weight, bench presses by reps at my max weight, and hack squats by weight at .5 above my body weight. It felt great! We also added in kettle bells and are re-working my home routine.

I can't stress how grateful I am that primal has given me back a life fee of pain that I didn't think I could have again.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad Primal is going well for you!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

raikay is offline Member
    Thank you for the welcome!

Today went pretty well, I'm a bit sore from the workout yesterday but it's a good sore at least!

I'm finding my couch to 5k training is a bit easier this week than I thought it would be. Definitely a bonus since my next 5k is Sunday.

Happy bonus for today: one of the guys that works at the gym at my office said I'm doing great. It was really nice since I only do cardio at my work gym. Yay for people noticing the difference!

raikay is offline Member
    Well, I'm sitting here waiting for my 5k to start, I've got about half an hour or so left and it's starting to rain. Should make things interesting. My goal for today was to run party of it and to do better than the time for the only other one I've done which shouldn't be too hard since I walked the whole thing.

raikay is offline Member
    This morning I caught my reflection in the sliding glass door. I was distressed for a moment that I had a lump by my neck, then I looked closer and realized it was my collar bone. I can see them now, not the whole thing, but I can see the bottom of them!

This morning is -45.5 pounds.

raikay is offline Member
    The 5k results are in. 44:56. My last (and only other) was 58 minutes and some seconds. Not a bad improvement for still nor running the whole thing!

raikay is offline Member
    Well, it's been a long week. I had new personal bests on all my power lifts at the gym and am down both inches and some pounds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast