Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not-so-daily thoughts of Raikay's journey page 3

raikay is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning I learned what insanity is. Restarted couch to 5k, after the warmup replaced walking with jogging and jogging with sprints, fueled only in some fat and a little raw honey, in keto and in the middle of attempting a 20/4 IF.

Wow, am I worn out! Take that stubborn fat, I'll beat you into submission!!

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1373120814.089406.jpg
    This is me, all worn out, -54.5 since January 2nd.
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

raikay is offline Member
    OMG, so excited. Tuesday at the gym we did a bunch of drills and then I did my first ever hang snatch!! 7 months ago this would have totally set my fibro off and I'd have been on the couch in pain for a long time. Now, DOMS set in and I'm pretty sore but still no muscle spasms. Just more proof that Primal works, I couldn't have done this if I was still eating grains and sugar. Tonight it's practicing my drills at home to begin to get the pulls and form really set in memory so we can start adding weight to the bar!!

raikay is offline Member
    So I've been visiting my birth dad out of state this week and it's staying to break my heart. He's diabetic, more so than I knew. We've talked about diet and what I eat and don't eat as well as why, he knows the benefits I've gotten with both my fibro and my blood panels since I was pre-diabetic 9 months ago. He's even had me talk to my sister about what I've done since she had fibro too. This morning we were picking up his insulin and he stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and still didn't understand why I didn't want any or why I thought a fast food breakfast wasn't a great idea and why I'd rather make something to eat at the house...

All week he's been eating stuff that isn't the best for his condition but always justifies it with that he had to because of his meds... It makes me really worried for him long term. I just don't understand continuing to eat in a way that caused the problem, saying you have to because of insulin rather than trying to make changes to make the problem less severe. I'd you're measuring your levels to know how much insulin to take, wouldn't you be able to know to take less if you didn't need as much from eating healthier??

#soconfused

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

raikay is offline Member
    Finally hit 60 down yesterday and combined it with a deadlift PR of 2.5lbs over my body weight and a squat PR. I feel AMAZING.

On a less exciting note, I was talking to my mom last night and she is now doubting that I ever had fibro. Apparently she doesn't remember the trigger point shots every couple months, the constant pain I was in all the time, how I could barely function most of the time (or at all if I did anything physical). Either that or she does but doesn't want to believe that I can get better from it while she hasn't...

I tried to talk to her about my diet differences and the almost immediate effect I had from cutting grains and sugars but she just doesn't think it's possible. Then she went on about how she was going to have some fruit loops because it's "the most satisfying cereal". It makes me a bit sad since I remember a time when she drastically changed her diet and had relief from her fibro... I just don't get why she dismisses it all when she's experienced first hand that diet can make a difference and she's seeing the difference in me...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123